• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex setup

Does anyone know someone in South NJ area that can and sets up an Apex system. I have a 75 gal setup now and I am about to setup a new tank...500 gal reef setup with all kinds of equipment and have an apex gold.... have dosing pumps, 2 skimmers, inline heater...ato and 6 RADIONS...plus 2 external pumps, and more..... just lots to do....really like someone who knows apex well..???

Any help appreciated..

I don't know anyone, but recently setup an Apex Jr. I was having a major problem getting my router to recognize my Apex. After doing a service ticket with Apex support and not getting anywhere, they had me download a file to allow them to work on my PC and in a half hour they had everything fixed and running. A+ on the tech support.

Hi, and Welcome (your first post).

I would highly recommend downloading the unofficial guide here : http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1834783

Then start with the easiest items to program, and work your way up. Once you understand the basics, its not that hard, and when something is not working correctly you have the knowledge to fix it your self. Read the forums, read the code and it will start to make sense. Chances are someone has done what you are looking to do and you just need to copy the code and replace the names that you called something. You can also post your questions here and I can try to help with your code. I have most of my equipment programmed.

Thanks Trivan

Understanding the code and all the steps was hoping to shortcut...have my hands full with the tank setup....programming not my strong suit

I can give you a hand if you like. The first thing I would tell you to do is document all the pieces you have from apex and extremely clearly label and document the ports and plugs. So for example if the left pump is in port 2 on the second energy bar, we need to know that so we aren't chasing things.

Once its moving should make clear sense as to what it is doing.

I can give you a hand if you like. The first thing I would tell you to do is document all the pieces you have from apex and extremely clearly label and document the ports and plugs. So for example if the left pump is in port 2 on the second energy bar, we need to know that so we aren't chasing things.

Once its moving should make clear sense as to what it is doing.

Thanks Lefkonj..... Will let you know what I am installing .... I almost have all equipment...waiting on a few items and tank arrives in 3-4 weeks

Does anyone know someone in South NJ area that can and sets up an Apex system. I have a 75 gal setup now and I am about to setup a new tank...500 gal reef setup with all kinds of equipment and have an apex gold.... have dosing pumps, 2 skimmers, inline heater...ato and 6 RADIONS...plus 2 external pumps, and more..... just lots to do....really like someone who knows apex well..???

Any help appreciated..

Hi Lefkonj...

So heres my build... I currently have a 75 gal. I hae had fish only and invertebrate only tanks before....have had salt water tanks for more than 30 years. I just started moving into reef with corals. My 75 I added an Apex with WXM and a PM module with 2 vortech MP 40's and wit 2 radion pro's. have 2 EB=8. It is setup but not fully. I have a basic new Apex I will exchange to and this current Apex will go to the new tank.
The new tank is a DSA glass tank- acrylic bottom 108x30x30 (420 gal) on a 36 inch stand. I have a72x24x24 inch Vivid aquarium sump with refugium. I have skimmer,65 gal ato, 2 part dosing pumps, 3-4 MP 40's and 2 MP 60.s, 6 Radions Pro,s, skimmers,1.5 KW inline heater GFO & Carbon, all powered by 2 snapper dart external pumps. I am also adding a custom water changing setup in my basement of 3 each 90 gal tanks along with my RODI unit..so I can pump RODI and salt water up to the display tank So this is all what I need the Apex to communicate with...The 75 along with a 20 gal tank will be quarantine tanks and 2- 20 gal Frag tanks will be in basement Most equipment is here...sump shipped and tank should be here in 3 weeks or so. I have electrical and plumbing to install in walls from my basement.