• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Apex

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Now let me preface this by saying I am not tech savvy. I absolutely hate things above the basic computer usage. Now, this is I am in need of. My Apex is not programmed appropriately. I am looking for someone to come by and help me to program this thing. If you have some experience doing this, please pm me. Thanks in advance.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I wish I could help but I never programmed an Apex before (but sure I could figure it out) and your too far away lol

Now let me preface this by saying I am not tech savvy. I absolutely hate things above the basic computer usage. Now, this is I am in need of. My Apex is not programmed appropriately. I am looking for someone to come by and help me to program this thing. If you have some experience doing this, please pm me. Thanks in advance.

More to the point, what is the controller doing or failing to do? What do you want the controller to do?

Usually this is more a question of fixing one small problem at a time, rather than trying to do everything at once. Also, some things on some controllers are just not possible to do without doing some major additions or modifications.

While I'm sure there are plenty of people around that would help you set it up, long term you will be much better off muddling through the setup yourself. That way you know what's going on and what you need to do to change it's functions. Don't panic, program one device at a time, take it slow and you should be fine. Note - do the simple, non-critical devices first, and do critical items like the main return pump and heater last.

If you really don't think you can handle the programming after that, consider getting rid of the controller, and using timers or other simple control methods for the individual devices.