• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

April 2007 Meeting(S): Thanks and Recap

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank you SO much to both of our hosts today for doing a tremendous job! The club appreciates the extra mile that all of our hosts go through to bring NJRC into your homes (though I think painting trim is a bit out of scope, William!).

I had to miss the morning stop, though there was tell of a tank drilling. Hopefully someone who got there can give a little recap of the morning.

The afternoon meeting gave us insight into what it takes to host a MACNA event. We got to listen as SoliSteve (thanks, Steve!) gave us a presentation on what MASNA looks for in a successful bid package. It was an interesting presentation. We took a lot of great info away from it, with all indicators that we're ready to start the bid process in January. This is going to kick up our MACNA Bound Committee a notch, for sure.

That was followed by our usual antics with club business and raffles. Thanks to all who participated. Thanks, Renee!!! for the amazing "frags" that you donated to the raffles! They were nothing short of amazing though I could have done without the finger tip! Who won that one, anyway? Seriously, I hope the pain subsides soon!

I think we had four new folks sign up for membership today! Welcome to all the new folks! Thanks for your support of NJRC!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I went to my first meeting in July of 2005. I've been to every one since then. Going into today it was a string of 21 great meetings in a row . . . . . and . . . .today keeps the string alive!

Great meeting Steve! Thanks so much to you and your family for opening up your beautiful home to all of us. I had a really good time. It's always cool shooting the breeze with everyone. The day just seemed to fly by.

I'm optimistic about our ability to actually host a MACNA here in NJ after hearing Steve's presentation (thanks for making the trip Steve and glad to hear you made it to Boston).

All-in-all it was another great meeting. That makes it 22 in row!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
After 3+ hours on the road (I tell ya, I think that gps sends us in circles sometimes! LOL) I finally made it home from another great meeting. Thanks to Steve and Maria for opening their beautiful home to us. I felt comfortable the minute I walked through the door.

Now how about some of the pictures!

Thank you Steve & Maria for hosting the meeting i had a great time
& not to mention it was a great day for a BBQ, u have some sweet looking
corals in the tank i cant wait to see it in 2 years it should look nice & full
(who am i kidding u have no room now!)
guess i'll be the first to post pictures here we go.
i used my flash on these macro shots
4-22-07.jpg

4-22-07-1.jpg

4-22-07-2.jpg

4-22-07-3.jpg

4-22-07-5.jpg

i love this one
4-22-07-25.jpg

when this fills in it's going to look awesome
4-22-07-6.jpg

Left side
4-22-07-7.jpg

Center
7-22-07-8.jpg

Right side
4--22-07-9.jpg

full tank shot
4-22-07-16.jpg

The BBQ
4-22-07-10.jpg

Thanks for cooking the food Merv
4-22-07-14.jpg

Josh & company chilling out
4-22-07-15.jpg

Yes the weather was awesome !
4-22-07-11.jpg

I can read your mind brian!
4-22-07-12.jpg

Thanks so much steve... my trek to your place provided me with a great photo op in my car as well as your tank.

odometer.jpg

Not to say much.. I have had the car 4 years, bought with 74k and only drove about 6k a year.. Yes, I know I don't get out much.. lol...

Be nice Billy i know what ur thinking LOL:)
4-22-07-17.jpg

Perfect shot
4-22-07-19.jpg

dont look to hard what are the odds
4-22-07-21.jpg

Wazzzz up!
4-22-07-22.jpg

Masna presentation
4-22-07-26.jpg

4-22-07-27.jpg

A little humor never hurts :)
4-22-07-23.jpg

picture say's it all.
4-22-07-28.jpg

LOL
4-22-07-29.jpg

4-22-07-18.jpg

Oh yeah count the hands !
4-22-07-30.jpg

4-22-07-31.jpg

Raffle
4-22-07-32.jpg

& on the way home i saw RichT
from far away i had to look twice
"Rich ur going the wrong way"
Darn GPS!
4-22-07-33.jpg

Steve and Maria thanks again for hosting a great meeting, the keets and I had fabulous time. Merv and I took the scenic ride home and saw parts of Jersey we wouldn't normally get to see. The pizza was great or the ride home :)

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Steve and Maria for opening up your house and hosting a great meeting.
Welcome Maria and all the new members to NJRC.

Just want to say Thank you to all who attended the meeting. Thank you for making my wife realize how this reefing is so important in my life :)...Now She saw people who drove 3 hrs just to attend this club meeting to enjoy , chat and share some knowlegdge about this happy. The best part of it is when we are almost done and ready to go to bed she told me " I am proud of you" and she said she can't wait to go to Cape May ( Rich its your fault :) ). Once Again thank you so much and we really enjoyed hosting it.

Specail Thanks to Merv for handling the BBQ and helping my wife with setting up..

Also to MikeM for staying late to help me. Thank you

Steve

Thanks so much for hosting this month. I love all of your zoos! The pink one I took home is already open and sitting beautifully in the front. Hopefully they'll spread as fast as they do in yours!

katlongo said:
Thanks so much for hosting this month. I love all of your zoos! The pink one I took home is already open and sitting beautifully in the front. Hopefully they'll spread as fast as they do in yours!
Thanks Kathy.. hope they do grow well in your tank :)

Thanks Steve & Maria for hosting the meeting, Scott & I had a great time. The frags we came home with are beautiful and made great additions to the tank.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
looks like i missed a great meeting. I was working on the babys room all weekend. Great Pics Steve what is this one called. Its nice.
DSC_0172.jpg