• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aptasia or Manjano...That is the ?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
So thought I had an Aptasia nem and used lemon juice only for it surface again. Then I noticed another one a different rock. I used so much lemon juice that if I add vodka the tank would be a huge lemon drop martini.
How do I get rid of these pests which I assume now are Manjano.

Thanks

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Are the tenticals thin or fat. Fat and stubby and usually green are manjanos. Brown and thin are aptasia. Burgia nudie are the only thing that will eat them. The more you try to kill them, the more they spread. I was gonna order 10 nudies but cant be home for delivery. Maybe I'll see when you're working at home and have them delivered to you and give you 2 of them.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mike, I work from everyday of the week. So no problem accepting delivery. Let me know how much they are.
I will try and post a pic later today or tomorrow.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't really need 10, but thats how they sell them, so their yours. I'll let you know ahead of time before I order them.
Thanks for the help, again.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Pics to help figure out what these are.

Attachments

• 20170428_164341~2.jpg
    20170428_164341~2.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170428_164331~2.jpg
    20170428_164331~2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 16

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
APPY.
aiptasia-left.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've had luck with a coffee cup of microwaved tank water (boiling) squired on the little beasts using a turkey baster. Some require two or three applications.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
MikeM dropped by today with two very small Burgia.
I dropped one right on top of the Appy and it went to town. The other got stuck in siphon but landed next to the other Appy and chased into the hole.

Thanks,
Mike