• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AquaC Remora - The Real Deal

Can someone with AquaC Remora Skimmers tell me the real deal on them?

Why are so many for sale in this Forum and the other Forums as well?

If they are so great - why do people sell them?

Thanks a million!

Tito

Most people I know that have or had a Remora do not have sumps. That's what I meant. At some later time, they decided to upgrade and add one. It's still possible to keep the Remora but when you have a sump, you will probably want a more powerful skimmer. The Remora is a good skimmer for those who don't want a sump.

I used a aqua c remora w/ surface skimming box on my 50g reef and was really happy with it, and exactly as posted once I upgraded to a RR tank it went into the garage since my new tank came with a sump and a in sump skimmer. Reminds me I need to dig it out and sell it LOL I think they are really nice skimmers though for a HOB though. I used mine with a maxijet 1200.

I think that the AquaC Remora used to be one of the best HOB skimmers, but there are quite a few better options now: Deltec MCE600 ($$$$$), Bermuda has a few, Warner Marine, etc.

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend. Doesn't everything?

boaconrp said:
I think that the AquaC Remora used to be one of the best HOB skimmers, but there are quite a few better options now: Deltec MCE600 ($$$$$), Bermuda has a few, Warner Marine, etc.

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend. Doesn't everything?

Still the best for the price, IMHO.

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. I'm sure it's a good skimmer by most people's accounts. However, I have noticed that many of the Remoras for sale in Forums have some kind of damage. Either the owners are clumsy or the product needs to be handled very carefully when serviceing.

Tito

Unfortunately your right its a very delicate skimmer. One of the best ive ever had and still use.

If you are not careful with it its gonna break like anything.