• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquaforest Salt

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So the other Jay @jazeel50 stopped by to pick up a fish and him and I got to the talking. In short hes now using aquaforest products for his tank and his corals are thriving. Hearing and seeing pix of his tank I decided to do my research on it....and for the most part I was sold.

Around this time of the year is usually when I re-up on salt as it's always on sale due to black Friday and what. My go-to brand is instant oceans RC but the price on it has seem to have gone up....a 200gal box was $62+ vs. The $40 for the box of aquaforest.

In short, I pulled the trigger on it, and now will be using the AF Salt mix in my tank....will keep folks when I start to use it.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Well I haven't gotten it yet, should have it by this coming week. Right now I'm just doing the salts, and depending on how it goes, I'll transition to the trace elements.

With this, I'm still going to run my Kalk in my ato

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Careful with it, I was using it and all my corals all took a turn, I picked up Red Sea and started using that and all my corals came back. People have had varying expierences with it.

So the other Jay @jazeel50 stopped by to pick up a fish and him and I got to the talking. In short hes now using aquaforest products for his tank and his corals are thriving. Hearing and seeing pix of his tank I decided to do my research on it....and for the most part I was sold.

Around this time of the year is usually when I re-up on salt as it's always on sale due to black Friday and what. My go-to brand is instant oceans RC but the price on it has seem to have gone up....a 200gal box was $62+ vs. The $40 for the box of aquaforest.

In short, I pulled the trigger on it, and now will be using the AF Salt mix in my tank....will keep folks when I start to use it.
There is any lfs the sell it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Well I haven't gotten it yet, should have it by this coming week. Right now I'm just doing the salts, and depending on how it goes, I'll transition to the trace elements.

With this, I'm still going to run my Kalk in my ato

I meant salt parameters:
AQUAFOREST
Cl – 19000-19500 mg/l
Na – 10500-10600 mg/l
Mg – 1300-1380 mg/l
S – 840-890 mg/l
Ca – 410-440 mg/l
K – 380-400 mg/l
Br – 60-70 mg/l
F – 1,2-1,5 mg/l
Fe – 0,05-0,06 mg/l
Sr – 8-9 mg/l
dKH – 7,2-8,0
pH – 7,8-8,2

Cannot locate similar for REEF CRYSTALS but will keep searching.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Those numbers listed are pretty solid in my opinion Mark @MadReefer, with me continuing to supplement with Kalk, it should (should) turn out fine.

But honestly I never really checked the parameters on IORC.....it was just something I always used based on price

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
This is what I have found so for IORC

The specific gravity of NSW is typically 1.026 (35 parts per thousand, or ppt, salinity). When dissolved in pure water to a specific gravity of 1.026, Instant Ocean® should provide a solution that has 400 mg/L calcium ion and 1320 mg/L magnesium ion. If Instant Ocean® is dissolved to a lower specific gravity, then these concentrations (and, in fact, the concentration of every other ion) will be proportionately lower.