• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AQUAPAWRIUM

N

njstillwell

THIS PET STORE IS BY FAR THE WORST OFF ALL SHOPS IN THE STATE, THE STAFF ARE THE MOST UNKNOWLDGEABLE PEOPLE IN THE TRADE,ALL CORALS ARE DYING AND THIS IS ONE OF THE RESONS OUR WORLDS REEFS ARE DISSAPERING.THE FISH ARE ALL SICK AND PRICES ARE THE WORST NEXT TIME YOU ARE THERE ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE HEARD OF A HARD CORAL YOU NAME AND ITS ALL DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS.

i saw a similar thing at the petco in old bridge, it made me sad to see tangs, and triggers and the like suffering and dieing in dirty tanks. i had to leave and vow never to buy anything from there ever again

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
REEFLECTIONS said:
i saw a similar thing at the petco in old bridge, it made me sad to see tangs, and triggers and the like suffering and dieing in dirty tanks. i had to leave and vow never to buy anything from there ever again

I actually send a letter to the company a while back on this store.  Every salt fish was either dead or near dead.  No one in there right mind would buy any of these fish.  What gets me is that if I kill a rat in my backyard with a shovel, I get a $3000 fine and go to jail...yet they can kill helpless fish in a slow and painful death month after month.  If they are not going to care for them, don't sell them.

quite frankly i wish we had some action other than boycotting to prevent these places from killing wild caught fish with little to no regard... in hindsight i should spoke to a manager, but i'm sure that woulda just let to me getting myself in trouble (i can be a hot head at times)

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When this store first opened I thought it had potential. The owner seemed like a decent guy. Needless to say, they went downhill fast. But they do have a nice selection of damsels and coral skeletons to chose from.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was at the Perco in Old Bridge this past weekend and the tanks get worse and worse. They had a Kole tang that was so faded it looked like a ghost. Another tang I couldn't even tell what kind had white fungus on it. Even the fresh water tanks look bad. Is it worth complaining to the Corporate office about these stores or am I wasting my time? Like Reeflections said I avoid confronting the manager because I will end up telling them what I really think.

MAVL666 said:
I was at the Perco in Old Bridge this past weekend and the tanks get worse and worse. They had a Kole tang that was so faded it looked like a ghost. Another tang I couldn't even tell what kind had white fungus on it. Even the fresh water tanks look bad. Is it worth complaining to the Corporate office about these stores or am I wasting my time? Like Reeflections said I avoid confronting the manager because I will end up telling them what I really think.

100% worth it. I run the Howell Petco's fish department and I had one complaint about a few dead freshwater fish (we're supposed to never have dead fish in the tank but sometimes you miss them with all the tanks you need to care for). I got hell for it.

It's worth it completely.

The Old Bridge store is HORRENDOUS. Almost as bad as the Freehold store, IMHO.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can someone please tell me how you say the name of this store?

Debbie complained about the Petco in Piscataway once, she wrote to corporate. It did NOTHING. We didn't get a response, and the fish section is just as bad as it was. I guess it depends on the store manager wanting to care for the fish.

Brian said:
Can someone please tell me how you say the name of this store?

Debbie complained about the Petco in Piscataway once, she wrote to corporate. It did NOTHING. We didn't get a response, and the fish section is just as bad as it was. I guess it depends on the store manager wanting to care for the fish.

I've been there and yes that place is also pretty sad. I feel (i'm sure you do too) lucky being within driving distance to OC II, Red Sand and AO.

puppy mill dogs, and undoubtably cianide caught fish..... how could someone feel good about themselves running businesses selling animals that have inadequit care? well, use your capitalist given power of taking your money elsewhere.... losing customers and $$$ is the only thing that will force these types of places to change or close their doors... but what bothers me, is that petcare takes suck good care of the rest of their animals, it's just terrible that the fish have to suffer....