• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquarium Center is Having a HUGE SALE!!!!

Thursday, August 13th - Sunday, August 16th

:eek:Aquarium center is have a HUGE sale. :eek:

Seachem Reef Complete .99 Cents
Hikari Bloodworms and Brine Shrimp 1.99
Koralia 1 19.99

ENTIRE FISH ROOM
* Buy 2 get 1 FREE!! *
Thursday August 13th
10:00 - 2:00 only!

This is just a few of the items listed.

You cannot see this sale on the website right now (I checked)

but I am on there e-mail list, and that is where they sent it.

I just got back from there. I purchased salt. I would have liked to see more corals. Nice store and people. Great prices.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You drove all the way down here for salt Richie? Haha, I'm sure you had intentions on getting other stuff since it's so far away.

Anyway, yea, the sale is for their 20th anniversary. They do have the event listed it on their website, they just don't have pricing... it's the link up top that says "Anniversary Countdown". I'll be there for sure since I live about 8 minutes away.

I hope they have a sale on salt cause I need that soon. Will probably need to get some more inverts as well.

Yeah, one of my tenants was having some problems, so I had to take a ride down South. Since I was down there already, I decided to stop in.

I can't see how they can lower the price on the salt anymore. Its low enough. I don't think anyone can beat their everyday low price on it.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ahh, that explains the trip.

And, yea, assuming you are talking about TM Pro... it's a great price as is, but I'm willing to wait a few days to see if they do drop it for the sale, just in case. ;)

I just came back, picked up some 3 brine shrimps and 3 cyclops both were 2 bucks each, airline tubing for ATO a dollar each, Aiptasia-X for 7 bucks, and some other stuff too.

Their fish selection on such a huge sale sucked. They barely had anything I thought they were going to be stocked up, what I picked up was a Powder Brown Tang, Kole Tang, and a Twelve Line Wrasse. I was really hoping they had some anthias...

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just got back from there too. I was hoping to find a fighting conch but they didn't have any. :(

All I bought was a bucket of TM Pro salt and a few new T5 bulbs. Neither of these was on sale, although the TM Pro is always a good deal to begin with.

TanksNStuff said:
I just got back from there too. I was hoping to find a fighting conch but they didn't have any. :(

All I bought was a bucket of TM Pro salt and a few new T5 bulbs. Neither of these was on sale, although the TM Pro is always a good deal to begin with.

I hope you didn't pay to much for bulbs. There are lots of sales going on in the VENDOR forum as well as the GROUP BUY tread.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
To be honest, it's the first time I bought bulbs so I don't know if I paid too much, heh. They were about $22 each for 48" T5's, one actinic, one 10k daylight. They were made by Current USA (same mfr. of my nova extreme light) and I had two that needed replacing badly.

I'll take a peek in the vendor section and group buys though to stock up for the future. Thanks for the info.

I have to say, for such a big sale, it really was a bit of a let down.

There were some good deals, but I just came home a couple of hours back and as already stated the fish room was not well stocked.

The Seachem products were nowhere to be found, so clearly you had to be hanging outside when they opened their doors.

On a positive note, there was some good deals still available. e.g. food items for 1.99

The saltwater fish selection was average. I didn't make the sale but I did pick up a $10 bottle of pods and a nice 3" powder brown tang for $30. I live right around the corner and I still seem to have trouble going there sometimes. THR and the fish factory seem to have better fish and coral selections. I just hate the hour long drive.

12 line wrasse just died that I bought last thurday during that sale, Most of my fish that I buy there live for about a week then die. It's like I have a 40% chance of the fish living, if not less.

I hate that store and their Live Stock, Nothing is really taken care of, half the time you see dead fish in their tanks. And half of the employee's don't know what they are talking about.

So I will from now on either order from Live Aquaria or find a new local fish store to spend tons of money at.

Anyone know of any good fish stores around the SJ area? I normally go to AC but always getting screwed over.

Did you Qt the fish and do a fw dip? I have never lost a fish from them yet. I usually wait for a few days before I buy the fish I want from them so I make sure it is eating and looks ok. (A benefit of being right near by) I haven't seen dead fish in the tanks since I have been going there except right after they get a shipment.

I can tell you that the fish are healthier there than captain nemos or that store on 130 near 38. Captain nemo's was so bad that I saw the fish, got pissed and left after driving out of my way to get there.

I think the Hidden Reef has been consistently the best and getting good fish if you don't mind the drive.

Powder Brown Tang is on its way out now, Its just now getting pushed around by the current trying to survive.

Now it's like I spent 90 bucks on just one Kole Tang.

The fish looked perfectly fine Yesterday, Perfect, Water is great, just did a water change two days ago. and water was still good before that. My 02 levels are fine. I don't know what to do anymore.

ssm05rsx said:
12 line wrasse just died that I bought last thurday during that sale, Most of my fish that I buy there live for about a week then die.  It's like I have a 40% chance of the fish living, if not less.

I hate that store and their Live Stock, Nothing is really taken care of, half the time you see dead fish in their tanks. And half of the employee's don't know what they are talking about.

So I will from now on either order from Live Aquaria or find a new local fish store to spend tons of money at.

Anyone know of any good fish stores around the SJ area? I normally go to AC but always getting screwed over.

Just went to Aquarium Center and was talking to Valerie, She checked my water and everything was perfect.  I apologized how I reacted when on the phone with her and she is going to try to help me out so we will see in a few days.  Also, we all do not know what went wrong with either of the 12 Line Wrasse or the Powder Brown Tang, both were perfectly healthy and eating perfect the day before. 

Mbodell said:
Did you Qt the fish and do a fw dip? I have never lost a fish from them yet. I usually wait for a few days before I buy the fish I want from them so I make sure it is eating and looks ok. (A benefit of being right near by) I haven't seen dead fish in the tanks since I have been going there except right after they get a shipment.

I can tell you that the fish are healthier there than captain nemos or that store on 130 near 38. Captain nemo's was so bad that I saw the fish, got pissed and left after driving out of my way to get there.

I think the Hidden Reef has been consistently the best and getting good fish if you don't mind the drive.

Yeah I don't know what was going wrong had the fish in a 35 QT tank and I do constant water changes every 2 days, I don't want to not go to Aquarium Center because they have been helpful in the past, but Valerie was really helpful and I would say if you need any help over there ask for her.  I honestly have to say that if it wasn't for her kindness I probably would never shop there again but If for see myself spending more money in the following weeks on new fish.