• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquarium Depot order :(

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Used to be you'd order pods from these folks and they'd be jumping out of the bags.

Did an order of 'minimum' 1,000 pods and added on a 'minimum' 250 pods order.

The 250 pods order came packed with one 3x3" filter pad which they were burrowed into. Seemed like there were 150-200 there.

The 1,000 pods order came packed with two 3x3 filter pads. Seemed to be a couple hundred in each.
Maybe the 1,000 order should have had four pads shipped?

Total pods ordered was 1,250, but seems well under 1,000 on arrival, more like 400-500 (if that).

I've ordered the 1,000 pod package in the past, and it was at least double the amount I received today.

Dropping a note to them, will let you know how it turns out on the customer service end.

Unless this was a mistake on their part, ordering 1,250 pods costs approximately $60.

Here's the 3 sponges they were transported in on a 10" paper plate. One sponge for 250, two for the other 1,000.
You can see I spent some time clearing out the livestock...

IMG_0272.jpeg

Here's the '1,250' pods in a tupperware bowl, I'm guessing if I counted, a few hundred would be the top number...

IMG_0271.jpeg]

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks for the info. Was going to order 5000 pics this weekend from them.
Will have to reconsider now.