• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquarium movers?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
besides the water will be splashing around to keep it moving.

I would use 5 gallon buckets and brutes for the water at least.. The rock you can wrap in wet newspaper for the duration of the trip and put them in the empty stock tank.... Get home and fill the stock tank with the water from the truck and some of ur fresh water... get to ideal temp... Dump the livestock (after acclimation) into the stock tank and then.... take ur time (over the next few days) and do the display setup correctly and not rushed. Too many mistakes can happen along the way... let alone if your rushing.

So then the Brute containers would be a better option.. I would probably get four 32gal brute containers and fill two with water and the other two with live rock and some water. Anyone have any Brute containers they can let me use? lol I will be buying 2, but I don't want to buy 4 and then have to listen to the bride nag about them taking up space.

This is really stressful...
:beaten:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a 32 gallon Brute and a bunch of 5 gallon salt buckets (with lids).....and you welcome to borrow them. I'm in Sayreville.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If it's a Rubbermaid stock tank I wouldn't be worried with the rock in there.

Okay yesterday was a busy day... moves my 75 gallon from one corner to other side... thanks to Mike's 150 gal stock tank... if was a time saver. Attached are a few pics of the transition... next week is the move of the 120 gallon.IMG_20131026_124836_359.jpgIMG_20131027_124503_539.jpgIMG_20131026_124827_468.jpg

Doing a another move this Saturday... 120 Gal from Staten Island to Somerset. The 150 Gal stock tank is a life saver. :) Thank you Mike!!

And then on Sunday... helping someone move my current 75 Gallon to PA. Someone bought my whole setup.

Who knows... maybe after this weekend I'll be a professional tank mover.. hahahaa... :)