• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

aquatic obsession

I never knew this place was right around the corner from my house .well now i am obsessed I'm in there like every other day very very smart.can get just about anything i ask for very clean .i love it and being so close to me its amazing. st George ave avenel close to burger king go check out will and his kewl store :)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi 638fitter,

Welcome to NJRC! And thanks for the thoughts on AqOb! They're definitely one of the good ones in the hobby.

Welcome 638fitter!

If we can get all the Woodbridge area folks to join the club, Woodbridge might just have to get it's own club director!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can see it now "Bill Lange: Director at Large - Woodbridge"... has a nice ring to it :)

Stopped into the store for the first time Friday. A nice selection of livestock and dry goods. Friendly people. If you are looking for a community feeling from an LFS and want to share information and knowledge, this is a great store.

I'll definitely be going back.

It's a drive over 20 minutes for me and I would go back there even though I live right down the road from eagle reefs Inc because AO has a customer friendly atmosphere and resonable prices for a LFS. The store is kind of small, so with that the selection is not the greatest but I'd still have to call it a nice store to visit.

chrowski said:
It's a drive over 20 minutes for me and I would go back there even though I live right down the road from eagle reefs Inc because AO has a customer friendly atmosphere and resonable prices for a LFS. The store is kind of small, so with that the selection is not the greatest but I'd still have to call it a nice store to visit.

This store is starting to become infamous with having rare fish instock. You just need to be there at the right time I guess.
In the last couple of months A.O. has had:

Watanabe Angels (a few)
Achilles Tangs (a few)
Lineatus Wrasse
Red Hooded Wrasse (super super rare)
Helfrichi (not so rare but not carried by many LFS)
Bellus Angel (pair)
Scotts Fairy Wrasse
Guinea Fowl Puffer (two)
Starry Puffer
Pollini Grouper
Swalessi Basselet
Exquisite Wrasse
Labouti Wrasse
Sohal Tang

There's a ton more but I can't sit here and type all for another half hour.

They also have a ton of corals come and go. I'm there alot so I see alot of the stuff he gets in.

Also he gets new stuff on Sunday and midweek either Tuesday or Wednesday so if you go on Monday and Thursday you can still find alot.

A great little shop that seems to have more each time I visit. Always friendly and helpful. Clean tanks, healthy looking live stock and reasonably priced. I have made several visits this summer and never left empty handed, or disappointed.

Quickly became my favourite LFS. :)

Have to agree completely.

Wife wanted a Pink Square box Anthia that just came in while we were there, but Will told her that he would not sell it to her till he was sure it was eating.

A week later we were back at the store picking up her eating fish.

Name a store that does that! I have been to about 20 or so pet stores in NJ, NY, PA and CT and have never come across that. Its all about the customer service and that "personal" feel that keeps me going to Aquatic Obsession, oh, and the prices are great too!

Haha .. when I first started going there, they talked me out of everything. It's a good thing too because I wanted everything.

Now I just walk in and say "Will, what should I buy?" And he tells me "One of everything in the store."

90% of my tank is from Aquatic Obsessions.. the other 10% is from this club.

I stopped in there today for the first time and I will definately be going back. Very friendly atmosphere and the store is very clean. All his tanks are spotless. Will is a nice guy, very personable and knowledgable. I wanted a Flame angel he had about 5 in stock and i watched him feed all of them and told me which were eating what types of food. I bought one. I thought his selection of livestock was extremely good and his prices are very reasonable. Eagle reef is 10 minutes from my house (stopped going 8 months ago) but instead i will drive the 35 minutes to aquatic obsessions now that i discovered them.

Thanks
Harry

Just wanted to remind/talk about the 150 gallon coral table that Will is putting in. I can't wait for this thing to be up and running. Seeing it flourish from an idea to an actual working table has been fun. It's going to hold a ton of new coral and I know Will is dying to start ordering more just to fill it up.

Not sure if you guys saw his update on what he'll have for sale on his 1 year anniversary but he's going to have Crocea Clams $35.00 for one and 2 for $60.00. That one thing is worth the ride over there for most of us.

I know he's racking his brain thinking about what else to offer cause you only get an anniversary sale once a year.

Maybe i'll get a chance to meet alot of you at the sale. Chances are I'll be there for a while.

I stopped in today and picked up a bubble tip anenome. The Coral table is up an looks great. I just wish I had more money with me so I could of picked out some zoos. The store was very clean and Will was a great help with the anenome.Eventhough it is about 40 mins for me it is well worth it and I will be back.
Thanks again,
Ron

Pictures of the finished table

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

Ahhh, That's what that stand was for! That's great. Thanks for the pics Mike!

Yup, it was just a stand last time I was there.

Guess I need to get out more often. ::)

After seeing those pics I'm not so sure I can hold off until "next" Friday, LOL, even though Aquatic Obsession is almost an hour from me. ;D

---
Wendy

i went here about 3 months ago for the first time and i wasn't impressed. from what i hear, i guess i went at the wrong time because there wasn't much that much impressive livestock and coral.i went specifically because i heard they get wrasses quite often. but the prices on the few wrasses they had were not that great. also, the tanks in the middle of the room that are at the begining of this post, were not there at that time. from what i hear, i will have to give them another try.

The coral tank in the middle of the room is new. He's in the process of stocking it now. It should be stocked well for the 1 year anniversary sale next Friday. All of the wrasses we've purchaed from there were a lot less $ than we have seen them in other stores. Maybe it depends on which ones you're looking at.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There is far more to AO than an impressively large store can offer. It has a personal touch to it that keeps folks coming back. The prices are fair (you can't have internet pricing AND brick and morter, the cost to keep the store front ensures that) and they will bring you in whatever you want (and actually get it in). They really care. They are very responsive to their customers wants and needs.