• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquatic Obsessions is how all LFS's should be

I would like to take the time to personally thank Will for helping outfit me for my new nano reef setup. Will sets the bar high when it comes to his knowledge, demeanor, selection and customer service. He was kind enough to put up with all the newbie questions and answer them without fail, never once making me feel uncomfortable. I always felt that a good LFS is like you favorite pair of shoes....comfortable and a good fit. This is how all LFS's should operate. Sadly many do not. He stayed open late for a last minute need, of mine, and that tells you how he operates and how he got his good reputation. He might not be the biggest but he is one of the best. Thanks Will.

I got a great Midas Blenny from there today. He got pretty stressed in the bag and turned browish and spotty, but after acclimated a bit and into the tank he started peeping out of a hole and becoming bolder and bolder. He/she returned to its great yellowish/pink color and is slowly getting used to its surroundings. A great fish to watch. Also they were very friendly, my girlfriend is terrified of dogs and they put their huge K9 in the back with no problem. A lot of people are often offended when someone is afraid of their dog. Seemed to be a group of NJ reefers there as well. Being a newb I didn't "acclimate" myself to them though, but I probably should have.

Matt

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We got our mystery wrasse from them. He held him for nearly 2 weeks for me while I waited to surprise John for his birthday. It was such great service. I don't know of another LFS who would have held a fish on nothing more than a PM for so long.

Matt, you definitely should have introduced yourself! When we were in there picking up the mystery wrasse EliteTwit came in (waited patiently for us to stop yacking) and left before we realized who he was (Will told us after he left). We were bummed not to have intoduced ourselves.

Hi Matt,

Nice to sort of meet you!

Jazzsam, Magic and SaltH2057 were in the shop and myself (blange3) ;D

Welcome to the club.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
blange3 said:
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club.

Yep stopped by yesterday, my birthday, and Will took care of me. Came home with a great looking Acan. Thanks Will! ;D I'll see you on Wed.

Bob

blange3 said:
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club.

We were there yesterday too. Must have missed everyone. We saw Kenny & Liz while we were there.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds like we missed quite the party at AO! ;D

I wish AO was closer. Heck, I wish we had ANY LFS closer than a 40m drive.

debfife said:
blange3 said:
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club.

We were there yesterday too. Must have missed everyone. We saw Kenny & Liz while we were there.

Yep, we came after you guys left. Although you were there in spirit. Genevieve treated me to a coral that I can't mention if I want to stay on the conservation committee. :-[

I say toss the freshwater and have a fully functional lounge area.

On a more serious note, Aqob is def one of the premeire retailers associated with our club.
All of the ones not associated are not premiere and can even be considered sub standard. JK.

I would have to say its the most visited retailers from our club which says alot about them. Here a store that will make most of the memebers in here happy. There was a gentleman their yesterday who had been out of the reefing for 8 years and it was somewhat odd to hear the same advice come from a retailers mouth as jazzsam and I. Will wasnt giving the old you need this, this, this and this routine. I think its a testament to Will as a hobbiest and a retailer.

Aquatics Obsessions Rocks plain and simple

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
blange3 said:
Genevieve treated me to a coral that I can't mention if I want to stay on the conservation committee. :-[

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh and Happy Birthday, Bob!

Phyl said:
Sounds like we missed quite the party at AO! ;D

I wish AO was closer. Heck, I wish we had ANY LFS closer than a 40m drive.

There's always Seaquarium in Marlboro :p. Almost as bad as Animals and Things.

I just find it amusing that Wil knew what I looked like long before anyone else in the club did....at least today I ran into mikenapoli there...guess I missed the ad hoc njrc meeting yesterday. ;) Did you guys have quorum?

I knew it was you guys Phyl. I didn't want to jump in without being positive. At least you know what I look like now. I've got a few friends who are all setting up nanos that I'll have joining the club soon so maybe we'll get to a meeting sometime.

Back to the topic though, Aquatic Obsessions is definitely the best store around. When I had the 7g I was driving 60 minutes or whatever to Absolutely Fish once or twice a week. Now I just stop in on my way home from work!

I stopped in Aquatic Obsessions on Friday for the first time. Very nice store and livestock. I met the famed Will and must say he's a very knowledgable nice dude. He even stayed open late for us while they wife had a little trouble deciding which ricordia was "cuter" than the other. lol I look forward to shopping there in the future.

Tom