• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aquavitro Salinity Salt

For those of you who use Salinity I am going to share another example of LFS trying to rip us off.
I have a LFS that is extremely weak by the way. Only reason i went there is I heard they carried Salinity. They had no price on the bucket. I asked the owner behind the counter how much. He pretened to look in the computer and then he said it was $117.00 for the big bucket. I laughed at him and told him that he could keep it. I said you are funny cause I called last night and the clerk told me $95.00 and they offered a 10% discount for our club. Unbelievable.

Buyer beware

:mad:

That's a absolutely insane price. Not sure where you located but the Hidden Reef in Levittown,Pa carries it at $79.99 for the large bucket. Just call before you go there to make sure they have it available.

This was the Fish Hut in Saddle Brook New Jersey. Not a real good store for marine. They have nice fresh water stuff though. Obviously I did not take the salt. Another store that sells Aquavitro in my area also has Insane prices. Reef Encounter in Hackensack. Stopped going to this store as well. LOL. I am running out of places to go.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You sound like me. I have to travel a bit to go to a LFS that is good. I'm kinda banned from my closest one. I think the pricing issue you are referring to is more the store than the manufacturer. Unfortunately, some stores mark up prices on popular items to make a bigger profit.

The main reason I use aqua vitro is that I got it with the group buy and wanted to see how it works out. I did the math and with the group buy pricing it was cheaper than reef crystals per gallon (regular pricing). My tank is responding well.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I'm pretty sure that captivating corals in freehold carries the salinity. Not too sure on the price though

Captivating definitely carries it, I recall it being around $90 last time i asked, I don't personally use that salt though.

Aquatic Obsessions has it. They also provide a 10% discount for NJReefers. So it comes out to around 80 bucks. Much better than the ridic price at the two stores in my area. I dont understand their logic. Not very good business men IMO .