• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

aqueon sucks do not purchase this brand

okay really just need to vent, so bought this tank 75 new from pet smart and there is what seems to be a small leak coming from the seem, called aqueon and they first tried every which way to call me a liar. then to tell me they need a number that is on a paper tag under the tank which is now filled with hundreds of pounds of water. so im supposed to get to this tag that is between the tank and stand in order for me to prove that this is an aqueon tank. and then i would have to send pics of my tank stand and the supposed leak . in the end got no where abnd im a big fat liar.

that fine but how do you return a tank that has been filled and has all your fish coral and everything in it. so was told by petsmart that its 60 day return and to drain and reseal my tank at home

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
that fine but how do you return a tank that has been filled and has all your fish coral and everything in it. so was told by petsmart that its 60 day return and to drain and reseal my tank at home

Well if its leaking your going to have to drain and replace it anyway. They only have a 60 day warranty???!! Thats awful. Sorry about your troubles. Good luck.

How long ago did you buy it? Trust me when I tell you that the "return policy" is a "suggestion". Go directly to the store manager. Yes, it will suck because you will have to somehow drain the tank, but honestly, even if Aqeon did something about it, you'd still have to do that anyway.

Petsmart's arrangement with the distributor on tanks is that they get credit for them and destroy in the field, so the return policy is fairly a moot point. Trust me on this, I'm familiar with it from the inside out.

If by some chance you get no where with the store manager, take it to the next level. TRUST ME, they DO NOT want that! Their bonus depends on you NOT doing that!

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Buy another tank and take back the replacement when you get it for a refund using that receipt.

Bob