• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aqueon Sump Model 4 HELP!!!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I just bought the Model 4 sump for my 90 gallon Perfecto tank and stand (48 x 18).... i cant get the sump into the base because of the center supports... Any ideas on getting that sump in? or should donwgrade to the model 3?

if the tanks not assembled and running you can just take the stand apart, put the sump in and put the stand back together

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Thanks for the quick hit... Im new to this.. Any ideas?? SHould i take the bottom off? or remove the the center bracket? It is a new set-up

Is the tank established or is this an entirely new setup?

If its new, put the sump through the top. If its not new and you cant mve the tank off the easiest way would be to downgrade but even them im not sure it would fix through.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
i cant angle the sump through the top its too long. and too wide for the side attemprt... Anyone with experience in taking apart the stand... might be my only options... just worried that it might weaken the stand ( just had a 72 gallon fluval leakin all over my floors... 10k in damages)) so trying not to repeat

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Put the sump in from the back then slide the stand into place. Only drawback is that if your sump ever leaks you will have to take the whole tank down to replace it.

Thanks for the quick hit... Im new to this.. Any ideas?? SHould i take the bottom off? or remove the the center bracket? It is a new set-up

Do you have the standard Aqueon pine stand? If so, when I set my 50 gallon up, I removed the top cross brace, put the sump in from the top, and then nailed the cross brace back into place. Add a few new tacks when you do this to ensure it holds.

when i did my 90 i just took the top off and dropped the sump in, only problem now i went with a basement sump and my other sump is stuck in the stand now.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
thanks for all the advice.... i wll take the tank back and get a 120 gallon. i feel safewr that way after a recent 50 gallon tank leak...

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Best reason for an upgrade that I can see. The 120 is an excellent tank.