• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Arvind's 180g Chronicle

Since you don't want to add more baffles, I would use one of the pipes on top, for the intake like you said. I would also use the other top pipe for the diverted water from the pump. I don't know how high the tallest baffle is, but I think the ASM skimmers work best in 8-9" water. I forget. I guess you can try diverting the output back to the baffles. The one thing I do not like about this idea is that, you are going to re-skim some of the water that it already skimmed.
For the smaller top pipes, you can always attach the output of a reactor, ato, or dosing pump for a cleaner look. This is just my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in with different ideas.

arvin

NJRC Member
ricwilli said:
Since you don't want to add more baffles, I would use one of the pipes on top, for the intake like you said. I would also use the other top pipe for the diverted water from the pump. I don't know how high the tallest baffle is, but I think the ASM skimmers work best in 8-9" water. I forget. I guess you can try diverting the output back to the baffles. The one thing I do not like about this idea is that, you are going to re-skim some of the water that it already skimmed.
For the smaller top pipes, you can always attach the output of a reactor, ato, or dosing pump for a cleaner look. This is just my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in with different ideas.

The taller baffle is 14" and the lowest is 12" tall. I am thinking of putting a 3-4" platform to raise the skimmer a bit for its optimal performance. I agree with you that re-skimming is not a good idea. I have to rethink that option.