• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ASM Vs. Euro-Reef

Does anyone have any experience with either brand? I am looking into replacing a old Precsion Marine Venturi skimmer that is tough to regulate and is always releasing micro-bubbles. I have read many articles about both but have only seen the ASM in use. If the ASM is a true clone and performs the same it would save me some cash..

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the ASM G-3 with both the recirc and gate valve mod. The mods aren't absolutely necessary as it preforms quite well with out them. But now it does even better.

I have the EuroReef CS8-2 and i love it. I had a skimmer prior to this one and had the same problem, constantly adjusting it. Not with this one, its great.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The ASM and Euro Reef use the same needle wheel pump and preform the same as far as I have read. Keep in mind, ASM over-rates their models a bit as far as which to use for which gallon tank. You get what you pay for as far as with the Euro Reef. Better quality materials (cell cast vs. extruded) and craftsmanship.