• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Asonitez's 34G Starphire Solana

Well,
While I'm waiting for a friends platinum and snowflakes to make babies, and working on a baby of my own I acquired this awesome Starphire Solana. I'm in love with tiny and minature fish like..

Catilana Gobies
Clown Gobies
Neon Gobies
Randalls Wrasse

and a few other super tiny fish. I'm hoping that I will be able to keep them in this tank with a pair of Clowns. This smaller tank will be SPS only. However, thats subject to change as it will be a "dirtier tank" and will probably end up being my ZOA and LPS garden.

Equip

Eshine Systems 4G Dimmable Light Fixture
24x3w Bridgelux w/ Standard Optics

For Comparison
Eshine Systems 4G Dimmable Light Fixture
24x3w Cree w/ Standard Optics

Tunze Nano 9002 w/ Stevie - T Intank Cup
Tunze 6025/55 Powerhead
38lb's 100% Cured Fiji/Pukani
Fiji Pink Sand (1 20lb Bag)
JBJ Ato

1EB8 Dedicated to this tank run off my Apex from my other tank.

Tanks up plumbed and sand in.. Rock work was done with acrylic rods. All of the rock has 1/4" holes drilled in it (pegging) on ALL sides.

IMG_0345 (Small).JPG
IMG_0346 (Small).JPG
IMG_0347 (Small).JPG

Tank All Cleared! With Lights

DSC_0411.jpg

Congratulations on the new tank!
Neon gobies are great for a tank of that size. Watch out for clown gobies if you want to keep sps, they perch and nest on the branches, which can be a problem if your colonies are small. Catalina gobies are lovely, but they are cold water fish; at reef temperatures, their metabolism speeds up so much that they starve to death, unfortunately. However, if you choose to run a chiller on the tank, it would be a great size tank for them.
If you like little fish, and you are planning on covering the tank, I suggest Dracula gobies, yasha gobies, Swiss guard basslets, assessor basslets, and firefish (my favorite are helfrichis). another fun option is barnacle blennies- I love the red eyes. Red headed gobies are also pretty neat.
Any of the above should do fine with a pair of clowns, add the gobies before the clowns if possible.

The clowns in our 45g are currently coexisting with a Dracula goby, a helfrichi, and a willow watchman goby, and our clowns in our 57g coexist just fine with our pair of assessor basslets, our pair of helfrichis, our neon cleaner goby, our barnacle blennies, and and our swasali basslet, and my Bali clowns are moving into the 12g with our yasha goby next week.