• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Asus Netbook repair

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
During the move stumbled upon my son's old Asus netbook which I thought I trashed. It would not hold a charge and brought it in for repair and they wanted I believe $100 to replace internal power socket; only paid $200 for it so didn't bother. Now that I found I figured I could swap it cheap as e-Bay has the part for $3. Watching the you-tube video seems pretty involved. Anyone can swap out the part cheap for me?

P.S. I cannot find the power supply to plug in. :(

Thanks for reading.
Mark

Did the repair genius say if the battery is any good and if it will still hold juice after sitting around uncharged for whatever amount of time it has been out of commission? If so, how much does that cost?.... Or will you be using it only when plugged into the power supply you cannot find? Pardon my confusion, but, perhaps, a better question may be...How did you know it wouldn't hold a charge if you couldn't find the power supply to charge it with? LOL :eek:D

Sent using Tapatalk on my shoephone while inside the cone of silence.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Did the repair genius say if the battery is any good and if it will still hold juice after sitting around uncharged for whatever amount of time it has been out of commission? If so, how much does that cost?.... Or will you be using it only when plugged into the power supply you cannot find? Pardon my confusion, but, perhaps, a better question may be...How did you know it wouldn't hold a charge if you couldn't find the power supply to charge it with? LOL :eek:D

Sent using Tapatalk on my shoephone while inside the cone of silence.

I took it to the repair shop a few years ago when it first broke. Decided not worth the $100 and planned on trashing it but forgot all about it until found.