• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATB Econo 840 skimmer

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi I am looking at ATB Econo 840 skimmer. ATB is rating it for tanks up to 249 gallons.
Size:10.5L x14W x20H
Base Diameter: 8 inches
Pump: Mini Airstar
Power Consumption: 21 watts
Tank Rating: Tanks up to 249 Gallons
I have a 180 gallon reef tank. Dose any one know any thing about them?
Thanks,
Daniel
636_04_02_09_8_35_26.jpg

i was looking at atb skimmers for my 180 but i thought they were way to much i bought a ATI BM 250 and i absolutely love it. extremely easy to set up, built to last, and its definitely more than enough for a heavily stocked 180

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just looked on Premium Aquatics for the BM 250 and they have it for $679.95 Looks like a nice skimmer. Between the ATB and BM price is not far off.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ATI Bubble Master 250 Protein Skimmer
Dimensions: 14.2" x 9.5" x 20.8" (L x W x H)
In-Sump Installation only
Power Consumption: less than 40 Watts/0.6 Amps per pump.
Warranty: 1 year
Recommended Tank Size: u500+ gallons.

ATB Econo 840 skimmer.
Size:10.5L x14W x20H
Base Diameter: 8 inches
Pump: Mini Airstar
Power Consumption: 21 watts
Tank Rating: Tanks up to 249 Gallons

OH!!!!! What a Beauty! I have the ATB Medium with the Ehiem mesh. This thing rocks. But like Jay said, "It is expensive". I would like to upgrade to the Airstar pump but they want like $400 just for the pump.

Here is mine

IMG_4385.jpg

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes The ATB that I am looking at comes with Airstar pump. Who did you buy yours from? How do you like yours? I am looking at replacing my MRC-2 skimmer.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ATI Bubble Master 250 Protein Skimmer Recommended Tank Size: u500+ gallons. that might be over kill for a 180gallon reef?
But the ATI Bubble Master 200 Skimmer Recommended Tank Size: up to 250 gallons.

I purchased it used from a reefer that was getting out of the hobby. When I first learned about it, I new that was the skimmer that I wanted. I just didn't want to pay for it new. I was undecided between the ATB Medium and the Reeflo Orca 250. I went with the ATB cause of the pump on the Reeflo is an electric hog compare to the eheim of the ATB. I still would like to try the Reeflo though. But anyway, I love this skimmer. This thing will pull out anything from your tank. Easy to maintain and very very easy to dial in. The smell of the nog that this thing pulls out of my tank is incredible. Sometimes my wife complains that there is a bad odor in the house. I know its the skimmer and I have to dump it outside.It is very quiet too. You can here a pin drop next to it.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Now if you had to chose from ATI or ATB what would you chose and which one

I really don't know. I have heard great things about the ATI as well but I had my heart set on the ATB. But if I was going to get another skimmer, I would get the Reeflo 250. But between the two even though I love the ATB, I would have to go with the ati ONLY cause its rated for more gallons.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I looked at the reeflo 200 and the foot print is to big for my sump. All I have room for in my sump is 20"long x 12"wide.

the MSX skimmers are very popular among a group over on reef central. I don't think that is because it is "better" than any of the skimmers mentioned previously (ATI, REEFLO, ATB) but more for the price point (i guess bang for the buck).