• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATI Bulb Questions.

I'm looking to change my T5's. I'm looking for a recomendation on which 4 T5's to use (ATI brand) with 2 Icecap 16K 250w HQI MH's.

The icecap bulbs are a little white but that's fine. I'm looking for a nice bulb combination to make it a little bit bluer but no completely blue.

Thanks.

So do you think I should do 4 straight ATI bluPlus' ... no other suplimentation.

I'm not disagreeing with you ... this was my original thought.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
are you still planning on keeping MH's? If so the UV actinic may not be a bad Idea. Or one thing that may make the colors really go crazy would be to get one of the pink bulbs. I'll find the names of the ones I have on my tank.

Nope.

Less blue than all blueplus and more pop to the flourescent colors.

I have a spare 39w UV actinic you can try since my frag tank sprung a leak the other day.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The UV Actinics have the highest PAR value on all the UV T5 lamps. Giessmann also have some god bulbs. You could also use a combination of ATI /UV Actinic and ATI Blue Plus

blange3 said:
Nope.

Less blue than all blueplus and more pop to the flourescent colors.

I have a spare 39w UV actinic you can try since my frag tank sprung a leak the other day.

If it's less blue than I'll give it a try. Thanks for the offer on the bulb but I'm doing it on the 48" fixture.

I'll try 2 54w ATI blu+, and 2 54w UV Actinics. Along with the 2 250w 16K Icecap MH's.

Back
------------ATIblu+------------
------------UVActin------------
=====16KMH==========16KMH======
------------UVActin------------
------------ATIblue+-----------

Front

How that sound?

i have 2 150w phonix 14k's and 2 ati blue plus/2 uvl super actinics..and its pretty blue...great flourescence on the corals though...

autoponicz said:
i have 2 150w phonix 14k's and 2 ati blue plus/2 uvl super actinics..and its pretty blue...great flourescence on the corals though...

I heard that pheonix 14k's are pretty blue though. My 250wIcecaps are really white. I'll check it out and see what happens.

yea its blue but not overwhelming blue....im pretty happy with the colors so far...

but i would just try 2 ati blue plus and 2 uvl super actinics....you want some actinics in there for your greens and reds