• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATO Booster Pump

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
What is everyone using? I have an old RODI Buddy and want to make as much water as quick as I can.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have been eyeing the one from aquatic life. But it seems my new 75g unit produces at least twice the amount the ro buddy does with only 30 psi.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have no idea about water pressure at my house. Not sure if I should a booster pump or new unit.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I bought a used unit which has a pressure gauge. If you have the space it's worth it to upgrade. The recommended pressure is at least 40 psi. The lower pressure could be either coming from the faucet or a spent sediment filter. You can buy a pressure gauge standalone also.

I’m using the aquatic life booster pump. Provides me with 80-90 psi which is a huge bump. I would def recommend finding out what your PSI is. I think standard for any home should be 60 psi

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
That AI Booster pump ROCKS.
Was hesitant on dropping the $100+, but happy I gave in.
Can fill 5g bucket in no time, minimal waste, and it flushes the lines every start/stop.
Do it :)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
What a scam. So BRS wants $135 and I did a search and found it for $115 and states discount at checkout. Well no discount at all so did not bother buying from e-Bay.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I setup the AL pump and started making water. Decided to test it and verify setup. TDS was 13 so I turn off water and unplug pump. Double check instructions and all seems right. I figured might as well test TDS from other connections and see if I can figure it out. The booster pump won't turn on now any ideas why?

I did realize have not replaced one cartridge in over a year. Last year replaced carbon, deionization, and sediment filters only. Thoughts?

Stupid question but do you have any valves turned off that may be attached to unit. I believe If there’s no pressure it will not turn on

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Stupid question but do you have any valves turned off that may be attached to unit. I believe If there’s no pressure it will not turn on.
My1st thought too but all was fine. Instructions state if psi over 35 it will shutdown.
Will try again tomorrow.