• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATO Problem

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Many know that I was having problems with my ATO overfilling and causing the alarm to go off. I tried all I could think of to resolve and others also provided input but still the problem persisted.
Yesterday Saltwater Aquarium held a Q&A on FB so I asked how do I solve this problem and....Have to say in words of Red Foreman "I am a Dumbass".
They asked me where did you place the check valve on ATO line. Well I did not have that in place so added it and now it seems to be working. Have heard the ATO kick in a few times and stop with no extra water. Its been 24 hours and hope I didn't jinx myself.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Well, This worked vert short term. I tried different spots for siphon break and even used two. It still happens just not as often. Guess I will have to drain and move sump over to get reservoir right next to return chamber.

Crabby

NJRC Member
Well, This worked vert short term. I tried different spots for siphon break and even used two. It still happens just not as often. Guess I will have to drain and move sump over to get reservoir right next to return chamber.
Can you adjust height of either ato or the in and out? I'm thinking from being a plumber. The check valve if good should stop water from going back in that's also if where the line comes out of ato reservoir is higher(think uphill battle)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The sump is higher than my reservoir.
I don't run the line to return chamber as its farther away so dump in skimmer chamber.
Will post pics.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Second pic is return chamber on left side of cabinet. ATO reservoir us on the right side.

Attachments

• IMG_20220529_134801.jpg
    IMG_20220529_134801.jpg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220529_134856.jpg
    IMG_20220529_134856.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 7