• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATO Pump

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I don't get it. Now the stupid thing is working again. I assume its not the pump now but the controller.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
It times out after a few minutes of pumping
Yeah, but it wasn't that low and should have pumped. I even filled the return chamber manually some and reset the controller. Took several hours to kick back on.
I ordered this from AMZ cause i feel this ATO is dying plus i see the sensor screw are rusting. Will see when it comes and if time permits for setup and few days to monitor great if not; I will hope for the best while away.
Amazon.com : Kamoer Automatic Water hydrator ATO One SE Smart Automatic Top Off System : Pet Supplies

Salted

NJRC Member
Yeah, but it wasn't that low and should have pumped. I even filled the return chamber manually some and reset the controller. Took several hours to kick back on.
I ordered this from AMZ cause i feel this ATO is dying plus i see the sensor screw are rusting. Will see when it comes and if time permits for setup and few days to monitor great if not; I will hope for the best while away.
Amazon.com : Kamoer Automatic Water hydrator ATO One SE Smart Automatic Top Off System : Pet Supplies
Well ya got me with this one. Just purchased. Worth a shot for $62 and prime free shipping and returns. I've been wanting an ato for a few months now. I've wanted the Tunze, but it swings from $199-$225 on Amz and not wanting to spend that now. Otoh the Ice Cap is $125 and I almost bought but a lot of bad reviews. Not sure how new this Kamoer is but I'm at least familiar with the brand and their dosing pumps seem to have good reviews so here we go.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I got an old school simple on/off float system with the additional float that prevents overfilling, and I believe there is a pump.
It's pretty solid, I just don't use it anymore as I don't have a sump.
I can let it go for 1.7 million dollars, or will trade for a gold plated fighter jet with baseball cards in the engine spokes secured with clothespins.

Or, go to Avast and get the pressure ATO, its top notch ^&%& and comes out to about $150 with sensor, pump, and switch.
Might be the best and most reliable money I've ever spent on a tank.

Salted

NJRC Member

Well ya got me with this one. Just purchased. Worth a shot for $62 and prime free shipping and returns. I've been wanting an ato for a few months now. I've wanted the Tunze, but it swings from $199-$225 on Amz and not wanting to spend that now. Otoh the Ice Cap is $125 and I almost bought but a lot of bad reviews. Not sure how new this Kamoer is but I'm at least familiar with the brand and their dosing pumps seem to have good reviews so here we go.
Quoting MadReefer again and myself. My Kamoer ato showed up today. I had it set up in about 15 minutes. Very simple setup even for someone who's never touched one before. Lets see how it goes.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Got mine 2 days ago. The Ice Cap one is working now, go figure. I don't want to setup the new one right before vacation. I will set it up when I get back. Let me know how it goes.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Salted. How is the Kamoer ATO working out? The Icecap one seems to be working now so debating if I should swap it out.

Salted

NJRC Member
It’s been perfect. Very happy having this as I was adding make up water manually twice a day. I was considering starting a thread about it. Still searching for just the right container to make a kalk dripped out of so I can stop doing that manually too.

edit; thanks for the heads up and link to this. For $62 I just might buy a spare. At that I’d still only be at about half the price of a tunze.