• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

August 2018 Monthly Meeting

August 2018 Monthly Meeting
Mark_C's Hourse
Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I got a nice sized alien eye from Daniel and going well. Esp. after the dinos then stored in Mark_C tank then back to mine.

erics210

NJRC Member
Daniel/Marc, have had a Jason Fox Alien Eye and barely a spec of growth over a year. Appears to be doing fine, but nothing. Meanshile have Hollywood stunners doing great, about 5 different montis, jac o lanterns all doing well and showing varying levels of growth. Just don't get it.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thank eric, 1 table should be good i think as i have one and other Mark is bringing one, 3 should be enough.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Besides the below I have HOB filters I used for my 10g and 20g tanks if anyone interested.

I have the following for sale:
1) Classic Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer - $75
2) HOB nano skimmer - $10
3) Current LED light strip - $20
4) Green Nepthea - $10 per stalk, not sure how many I plan to cut. They will be cut the morning of the meeting. Therefore you need to mount the frag. Let me know in advance of interested so I can get a count.
5) Will also bring some frags of the Hollywood stunner coral

Nepthea - Mike M and Relic Turtle
Stunner - Mike M and Relic Turtle

Anyone else?

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Daniel/Marc, have had a Jason Fox Alien Eye and barely a spec of growth over a year. Appears to be doing fine, but nothing. Meanshile have Hollywood stunners doing great, about 5 different montis, jac o lanterns all doing well and showing varying levels of growth. Just don't get it.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Besides the below I have HOB filters I used for my 10g and 20g tanks if anyone interested.

4) Green Nepthea - $10 per stalk, not sure how many I plan to cut. They will be cut the morning of the meeting. Therefore you need to mount the frag. Let me know in advance of interested so I can get a count.

Anyone else?
Hollywood stunner coral

erics210

NJRC Member
I plan to bring to special 48" T5 bulbs for sale tomorrow.

These are T5 long round bulbs, but inside the protein Ted glass casing is actually hundreds of LEDs. So if you have T5 and are tires of the periodic changing of bulbs....this could be your solution. Mike and Scott(members) had brought them to the July meeting but didn't explain what they were. Paid $85 each. Asking $100 for both or similar. Will takes tunicates in partial trade.

Anyone else?
I'll try out a stalk of Green Nepthea if you have enough to go around?

I just heard about your meeting from a R2R thread where I invited anyone to come join my 3 kids and I for crabbing tomorrow morning in Sea Bright. I’ll put that invite out here as well.

On the R2R thread, someone mentioned the meeting tomorrow and suggested I come. I’m here to check with the club and the host, @Mark_C, to see if there’s room available at the meeting. I can certainly bring something with to contribute as far as food or drink. Maybe some fresh crabs if the morning goes well

Anyhow, please let me know and I can plan accordingly.

Thank you,
Greg

erics210

NJRC Member
So tempting as I was thinking of going a little bigger. Not sure I want to change and deal with a new startup.

I feel ya. It's alot of work and sucks a little life outta you each time...lol

If interested I have a small frag of Devil's hand leather( only 2 inches). If you can snip me a piece of the nepthea leather.... Will check in the am to see if you respond before I leave.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I just heard about your meeting from a R2R thread where I invited anyone to come join my 3 kids and I for crabbing tomorrow morning in Sea Bright. I’ll put that invite out here as well.

On the R2R thread, someone mentioned the meeting tomorrow and suggested I come. I’m here to check with the club and the host, @Mark_C, to see if there’s room available at the meeting. I can certainly bring something with to contribute as far as food or drink. Maybe some fresh crabs if the morning goes well

Anyhow, please let me know and I can plan accordingly.

Thank you,
Greg
More than welcome. Just please rsvp