• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Auto Dose setup

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
OK guys. I got an auto doser for Christmas. Now I know I need to know how much of each element I am using up before I can configure the auto doser. I normally do my testing weekly and dose base on that. I'm now think I should test every day for two week to have a good base line. My question is during this two weeks of testing should I manual dose or not dose at all that two weeks?

Thanks
James

If you have to manually dose go ahead and do it, but keep track of how much you're adding so you can calculate your ultimate dosage. WC's will have an impact as well, since you're adding/replenishing those elements with each WC. You can expect some trial and error with this process.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
If you have to manually dose go ahead and do it, but keep track of how much you're adding so you can calculate your ultimate dosage. WC's will have an impact as well, since you're adding/replenishing those elements with each WC. You can expect some trial and error with this process.

Thanks for the info man. I knew a water change would replenished so that why I am going to track numbers for two weeks (I do water change every other week). Also figure I would start with a low dose and keep on tracking to make sure I don't over dose. I just wasn't sure if I shouldn't dose at all during my two weeks of getting the numbers.