• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aww man, went to Aquarium Center today

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
For some reason, I randomly decided to go to Aquarium Center in Blackwood. Typically, this is not something that I do. I maybe venture in once a year. Well, I went in today and was shocked. The frag tank had many frags at different price points. Pretty much all the corals looked good. I spotted a gold hammer coral that was lonely in the back and just needed to go to my tank at a reasonable price. I also got a few other frags. I think they are coming along in terms of pricing their corals. The downside was the fish selection was on the light side, but I thought most of the prices were reasonable.

falconut

NJRC Member
Yeah, I'm in there at least once a month, it's right around the corner from me. I've noticed some nicer looking stuff lately. Not just the blah corals of past. The coral prices have gotten better too. I was there yesterday and picked up an anthias, and I thought they had a descent amount of other fish. Maybe they sold a lot.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think they sold a lot. They had a decent selection, but seemed a little light.

I also forgot, the staff was super helpful and very friendly. I don't know, but the atmosphere just seemed very different from the other times I went in.

Just ordered my brand new tank from there yesterday. I've been going there for the past few years and things have definitely gotten ALOT better! Still need to work out some kinks but I think they're getting better.

Oh and that gold hammer was nice looking, almost picked it up myself

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I'm in there a couple times a month as well and have been speaking to Val a lot about their coral section. I always take the time to speak with her about their selection and pricing to give them some feedback. She/they have been very receptive to my recommendations and I agree they have been improving greatly in the frag tanks, both in selection and pricing. I think they have been selling more frags lately due to the changes, so hopefully this will continue to improve and we will all finally get a LFS down south that we can rely on for quality corals.

Also I should note that now they are mainly getting their stuff from Justin Credable at ReefGen (the guy that works at Atlantis, Long Island Aquarium and was one of the speakers at our last Frag Swap!) :cool: What that means to me is that it's going to be healthy, cultivated stuff and not just a chop shop shipment recently taken from the ocean.

Their fish selection is typically good to very good IMO. There are times when they are low on stock of the rarer items and it can appear that they are lacking... but I'll bet if you go back within a week you will see that replenished.