• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Back in the game - rebirth of my 75

Hello fellow reefers,

Well my wife having a baby in September put a kabosh on my Oceanic 215. Loved that tank. With a newborn in the house and working full time I didn't have the time to devote to it and decided to sell it. I had decided to upgrade before we found out we were having a baby. When I broke it down and sold it my house felt empty without a tank, so today I decided to setup the AGA 75 that I had before I upgraded to the 215. today I cleaned out the 75, rockscaped it, added sand and filled it with water. The rockscaping is so much nicer now than when i had my 75 before. I used primarily Pukani, Kaelini, and Tonga fusion rock. I really like the way it came out. It only took me 3 hours to rockscape.

I didn't get a chance to take pics yet. I will take them tomorrow and post them. I think my 75 is going to be a mixed reef with softies primarily. I like the look of the coral swaying in the current. I will be using my T5 fixture until i upgrade to a T5/MH fixture.

Stay tuned
Harry

Countdown to HarryK's upgrade thread.......6 months. 8)

Welcome back, seems like it was just yesterday that you left. ;D

it's definitely a hard hobby to leave. Technically i didn't leave i have a 40 breeder with all my corals and miscellaneous live items that i have. My house felt naked without a tank. I would love to go back to the 180-215 tank range again, but i have to wait for my son to be older.....for now i will be content with the 75. Pics to come later today.

Thanks
Harry

Welcome back .... find someplace to hide the fishfood so the little one doesn't get into it. ::) Like mine did yesterday.

welcome back! Looking forward to pics. Make sure this time you select a better vendor if you go the custom-sump route! ;)

Believe it or not after all the crap with the sump it worked great, I didn't have any issues with it. I definitely have to kiddie proof the tank stand that's for sure. Pics will be posted tomorrow

Harry

malulu

NJRC Member
hey, welcome back!!

after all those hard work to move you tank, plus all the trouble for your problem sump with skimmer...etc. then you gave up on your 215g

i guess just like Phyl said: "They allllll come back! ;D"

so are you!!

oh, by the way - you just missed last month's meeting @ my house...
:D

Pics as promised, i'm not sure how good they came out, i'm not the best photographer. All the coraline algae faded away as i had all my rock in a 50 gallon bin for about 3 months, it'll take a little while before it comes back....I love how the rockwork came out. I went with a little more blue in my tank this time, i like how it looks,

Full tank shot
IMG_2045.jpg

left side of tank
IMG_2047.jpg

Right side of tank
IMG_2046.jpg

Thanks
Harry

phase one in progress. The dreaded cyano has started. My Tomini tang should be happy, he's been picking all day long.

pics to follow soon

Harry

blange3 said:
Looks good Harry!

How did you secure the branches?

I have aquastik epoxy putty that i'm going to use to secure all the rock. it's actually pretty sturdy as is but i'm going to add the putty as a safety precaution. As soon as i do that i'm going to start adding all the coral that i currently have slowly.

Harry

Well i ordered my new light today, i went with 6x54 watt T5's, i bought the Nova extreme pro fixture, can't really beat it for the money, i can't for it to come in. The cyano has subsided.

I've added a few fish. I started off with a pair of tank raised clowns, added a Tomini Tang, a mckoskers fairy wrasse and a blue throat trigger. All was going well until the Tang harrassed and killed the wrasse. They all are getting along now but the tang is to aggressive for the type of fish i wanna keep so he has to go. As soon as i catch him it's gone. Pics will be up later

Harry

Good luck on your tank. I'm selling my T5 lights which is 3 months old. I broke down my 75 gallon. If I had known I would have sold it to you for a fair price.