• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Backing out for time being

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
My 90 is doing great. Just put in a new RK Lite, the new Razor 48" light, a McCosker Wrasse 6 weeks ago, a long tentacle purple anem 2 months back, a few corals from Sunny and Horse.

But it's been a struggle over the past few months maintaining the tank. Kindergarten and sports started, I've been working 50+ hours, and with a 5 year old and a 1 year old, and establishing a business plan of our own, the tanks have become the last of the 'things to do' on an extensive list. I honestly don't have any time to enjoy it anymore, it's beautiful, I love watching it, but its becoming a chore, and I'm beginning to sink into a aggravation stage in dealing with it, which isn't fair to the tank.

So, will be posting livestock soon. Those who have seen the tank know its very clean, very healthy, and loaded with various sized corals (Softies/SPS/LPS). All fish are happy with live, frozen, flake, and pellet.

Off the cuff: McCoskers, Black Ice clown, P clown, Toomi Tang, Solar Wrassse, Cardinal, Scooter Blen, TIger Pistol, Large Cleaner, Yellow watchman, Serpent star, cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, green crab, harley shrimp, scores of nassar/cerith/etc snails. Most corals will be donations, but there are two or three that are exemption to that based on age and size. Red Sea 90g, custom stand with hood, MAxspect 4' Razor, MP10, MP40, BRS deluxe reactor, BRS chema (new), Reefkeeper computer used less than 2 weeks, etc...

Will provide details over next week. Would love to sell the system as a whole at a VERY agreeable price.

Anyways, it is what it is. Will keep up with the nano for now and when we move, which is early but in the works... THERE WILL BE A FISH ROOM!

Sorry to hear this Mark but I definitely understand I have 2 Boys who play travel hockey and play fro Connecticut to pennsalyvania and all over New Jersey and it's hard to maintain a tank,,, I just started 2 nano tanks so if you have any corals I would be interested,,,,,

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks all. Trio, appreciate the offer, but the move is still in the 'lets start looking at houses soon' mode. Tigs, if I do sell the clowns, they're a mated pair.
Was planning on keeping the 10g nano I have but if I can find a deal on a Biocube or sell the 90 to cover the cost of a 28g Biocube and stand, I may move to one of those for the time being. Don't want to give up, just want to downsize for a while.
Going to look into options and will start posting items, livestock first, next week.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Drinking stories shall continue.

ATM I'm deciding wat I want to downgrade to. Trying to find a used IM Nuvo 20 or 25 lagoon. May have to buy a stand or get one built. I'm probably going to keep the mated clowns and a few softies. Once thats decided and some action taken, which may be a couple of weeks, I'll drop an update on equipment and livestock.