• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bad luck with Blood Shrimp and Cleaner Shrimp in my tank.

Hey guys,

During this pass year, I made two purchase of cleaner shrimps and blood shrimps 6 months apart. But a few weeks ago I lost all shrimps due to unknown reasons. I check my water chemistry:

pH. 8.2 ppm
Ammon 0.02 ppm
Nitrite 0.0 ppm
Nirate 0.0 ppm
calcium 480 ppm

But now I am concerned of buying anymore shrimpa in the future. Any help is welcome. Once again thanks.

1 Sailfin Tang
1 Powder Blue (small)
1 Coral Beauty
1 Clown fish
3 Damsels

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The only thing I can say is damsel, damsel, damsel! You have three devil fish in that tank that will attack and eat anything that moves. I'm betting one or more of your damsels took out the shrimp. The only thing missing was the cocktail sauce! :tongue2:

The only thing I can say is damsel, damsel, damsel! You have three devil fish in that tank that will attack and eat anything that moves. I'm betting one or more of your damsels took out the shrimp. The only thing missing was the cocktail sauce! :tongue2:
Dang...I usually feed eveyone well enough. My 1st year everyone got along and didn't have any lost of fish or shrimps...I guess I have to trap and get them out. Time to get the fishing pole out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk