• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Basement Pics.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Been Working on the Basement alot. Thought I share some pics
Here is the plan for the family room
Sorry for the bad pics I need leasons and a real camera.
familyroomplansoundsystem.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looking good Ed. Where's the pics. before the framing was started?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Didn't take any of those mike. I wish I did now. As for the tanks. what is the biggest tank u can fit in a 3' by 8' space?

familyroomwithFuniture.jpg

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Coming along nicely Ed...

While you're at it, why don't you go over the top and put a floor drain in somewhere for the occasional "happy accident"

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I didn't notice the piano at first... LMAO

Get out the hammers, sawzall and Harolds deli sandwiches!

That's awesome! Let us know when you're done so we can hire you to work on ours... we desperately want it partly finished but are not DIY at all, and to cheap/broke to pay the fancy professionals LOL ;)

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Ed, question:

We're trying to clear out a basement to have a new floor installed (hopefully heated floor...not sure yet) and then I'm going to build walls up against the brick.

Just wondering if you could outline the process. I believe you'd put some plastic on the wall, then some foam insulation then build your pony walls, sheet them with rock, mud tape and paint....but it's been a while since i did that kind of construction.

Do I have that even remotely right?

malulu

NJRC Member
Ed,

i also been interested to furnish my basement also...
look's great!!! like it... very tamping to do mine now... will depens on how much tax return i can get (i am filling delay every years!!!)

what about township permit?? do you need one? if not now, would that be a problem later on (like selling the house for a BIGGER TANK...etc.) ;D
thx

malulu said:
what about township permit?? do you need one? if not now, would that be a problem later on (like selling the house for a BIGGER TANK...etc.) ;D
thx

In most places it would, as long as you claim it is a finished basemenet when you sell it.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
malulu said:
i mean, should apply one now? or do it later?
thx

Dave. If your just putting up sheetrock and finishing the basement without new walls, most Towns don't require a permit. If you add 1 stud or 1 outlet a permit is required.

I would get a permit now.
It's always better to get the permits before the start of the job. There are some instances where people know that they'll be living in that house for years and decide to get a permit before they sell it (to save all the years on tax's). So far I've seen a few of these and the Town made them file for a permit. Don't know what the building codes will be like in the future tho.

Sub. Don't know what a pony wall is but. First you shoot 5/4 lumber to the walls 16inch on the centers, run the electric, put 1inch insulation board in between the lumber, then staple the plastic on top of everything. The rest of the process you have right.

malulu

NJRC Member
Mike,

thanks for the info, yes, it seems make sense to get the permit now then later.
my current concern is, with all the equipments i already have in place, may already violant some building code... (too close or blocking the drainage system...etc.)
if i let them in to take a look, i might end up need to take the fish tank down! (before i can even start to do anything to the basement...)
???

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
billyr98 said:
good work guys... coming together real nice!! cant wait to be chilling in the basement looking at that big tank :)

Ditto! It's giving me the bug to start working on my basement!