• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beach Cleanup - April 26, 2014 9:00 - 12:30

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's that time again. Time to pay it forward by participating in our annual Spring Beach Cleanup April 26, 2014 9:30 - 12:00. The cleanup will happen at our adopted Beach at Gateway National Park (Sandy Hook). It's a great excuse to get out in the fresh air and give back at the same time. Please respond to this thread so I can complete the cleanup registration. This is being organized by Clean Ocean Action
http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/index.php?id=aboutbeachsweeps

Thanks
Bob​

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I will post several reminders. Looking forward to seeing you!

Bob

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cleanup update.

We will be meeting at Lot D in Gateway National Park (Sandy Hook) at 9:00 - 12:30. Please dress warm as it's been a little chilly in the past. I will be supplying gloves and bags. I hope to see a great turnout to represent the club. This is a national event sponsored by Clean Ocean Action.

Bob

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I received the following from Clean Ocean Action

You have registered to participate at the Sandy Hook site. On April 26[SUP]th[/SUP], the day of the Beach Sweeps, please arrive at your site at 9:00am. Each site will have a "Beach Captain" to distribute materials and instruct you during the cleanup. For a successful Sweep, please follow the tips below:

· Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
· Wear your own gloves (all other materials will be provided)
· Attend rain or shine
· Dress for the weather
· Wear sunscreen
· Stay off of the dunes
· Respect wildlife

Give Back to the Beach: raise $100 and receive a special gift. Start your fundraiser at crowdrise.com/beachsweeps.
Thank you!

For the Ocean,
Catie

Catie Tobin
Ocean Advocacy and Education Fellow
Clean Ocean Action (COA)
18 Hartshorne Drive, Suite 2
Highlands, NJ 07732

(p) 732.872.0111 (f) 732.872.8041

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just a reminder the Beach Cleanup is 1 week from this Saturday. If you haven't signed up and were thinking about it you won't be sorry. The sense of accomplishment you get is very rewarding. Everyone in this club takes from the ocean now's your chance to give back. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Thanks

Bob

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There still time to signup for the beach cleanup. Sat. weather at Sandy Hook is going to be partly cloudy with a high of 63. It will be cool in the morning so I recommend you bring a sweatshirt and a hat. If you haven't signed up and your Sat. plans go south you'll be welcomed with open arms! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Bob