• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Beneath the Sea

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Since there has been quite a bit of SCUBA talk around here lately, I was wondering if anyone was planning on attending this years Beneath the Sea show at the Meadowlands Expo Center. It is similar to a MACNA but for SCUBA.

I already have my tickets for Saturday the 27th.

Here is a link for more info about the show.

http://www.beneaththesea.org/BTS_coming_soon.html

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's open to non-divers also. Last year they had a pool set up where folks could get in and try SCUBA to see if it was something they really wanted to try. My youngest son and girlfriend tried it last year and were hooked. So this year I got them certified. My oldest son and I tried it last year too, but more for the fact of just getting wet since we already had our certs. Kinda takes the edge off the winter blues form not diving.

I've been thinking about going...I was actually at The Dive Shop last night and I was talking to Arin about the show and she basically convinced me to go. Especially since me and my other company are looking to produce a pilot episode for a Travel Show that is based around diving.

We have all the locations picked, equipment picked, etc, but as of everything else we are coming up short on funds. So we are actually looking for Travel Agencies, Dive Shops, Equipment Manufactures, etc that would be interested in sponsoring the show.

So because of that, I do believe I will be going to the show.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was at the shop yesterday dropping off some frags for their tank. Arin said you were i Friday night. We also talked about the show, she said her and Kris were going up. As I said, I am going up for Saturday so maybe I'll see ya there.