• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best Horror Movie of all time?

My wife thinks Halloween is the best horror movie of all time. Frankly I think it's boring, it's like watching paint dry.

For me it's got to be Friday the 13th all the way.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Psycho

psycho.jpg

I was babysitting in the early 60’s in a strange house and the movie started at 11:00 or 11:30….the late night movie. Needless to say, I was wide awake when the old folks came home around 2AM or so. Scared the crap out of me.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein....LOL

I can't pick just one. So I will have to say the first horror movie I saw as a kid. The original Dracula.

malulu

NJRC Member
back in my high school days...

we have a friend, that she is the QUEEN OF SCREAMER... every time we went to horror movies, all you hear is her HUGE screaming all hours long RIGHT NEXT TO YOU! that would get you 10x excited for any horror movies!

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anybody remember Mark of the Devil? They gave you a barf bag when you walked in!

Bob

Aw man I forgot about the Shining. That was a great movie.

I had the same thing happen as Paul when I watched "Children of the Corn" on stormy night by myself. I had to keep changing the channel to the Australian grass cutting championship to keep from crapping my pants.

The movie that scared the heck out me as a kid was "Don't be afraid of the Dark". I saw it a few years ago and I could only laugh at how corny it was.

Children of the corn was scary. I recall watching it on VHS with a friend of mine who was two years older than me - we both hid behind the furniture in her house watching the movie. Her mom thought we were crazy.

How about funny horror movies?
Shaun of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Young Frankenstein

I still recall snarfing the drink out of my nose when Igor says he got the brain for Abby Normal!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
The Original "Dawn of the Dead" and the original "Friday the 13th" is a close 2nd. My heart is still pounding from when he jumped out of the water at the end, 25 years ago.

Exorcist ! Maybe not as scary as the first time you see it but it always can bother you watching it .