• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best LFS in North NJ

I'm in the very northern tip of NJ this weekend and will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. I've never been to any of the reef shops up here but I know there's a lot more than south nj. I was wondering, which one should I stop by on my way home tomorrow? I'm not looking for anything super special, just want to check out a nicer shop while I'm up here. I might get a RBTA if I can find one that's around $50, which is a long shot I know. Otherwise I'll probably pick up a frag or two. I went to fish-town USA on 17 last time I was here because it was directly on my way home and wasn't really impressed at all. So who has the best prices and selection? Thanks for the insight I really appreciate it.

Absolutely Fish in Clifton, NJ is IMO the best store around. Their prices are high, but it is the nicest with the largest selection.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Absolute Fish as others have said on 46.

There is the new store, Sea Level Aquarium, also on Rt. 46.

Haven't made it out to Rt. 4 Aquarium yet so I don't know what they are like.

Add the Elos store to your bucket list for sure!

Stopped by absolutely fish today was really impressed with everything they had. Probably the best selection of coral and fish I've seen. Being a college student I couldn't really afford anything and nothing that was cheap caught my eye. They did have a RBTA for $80 which I thought was reasonably priced since I haven't seen one for that little. I could easily spend a couple grand there

R&R Aquatics

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hello, Alcohol120 we are located in North Jersey. We do walk ins by appointment but to bad we didn't see this earlier because we have RBTA for $45! We also carry a large selection of other coral, fish and inverts. If you are ever in the area again just give us a call or text at 201-371-3474 for an appointment!