• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best place for tank purchase

Been lurking and thinking and lurking and thinking.
If one was thinking of getting back in to the hobby where is the new cheapest place for tank purchase now that Tropaquarium is closed(to my surprise).

Only looking to go nano so nothing crazy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If one was thinking of getting back in to the hobby where is the new cheapest place for tank purchase now that Tropaquarium is closed(to my surprise).

Hey John,
Good to see you’re still around bud.
Hope everything is well with you and hope to see a new Tale of a Tank from you soon bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size are you thinking of?
My first. And probably most enjoyable take was a 44gal Pentagon I picked up for peanuts. Loved that tank. Really thinking of going back there.
Nothing complicated

Hey John,
Good to see you’re still around bud.
Hope everything is well with you and hope to see a new Tale of a Tank from you soon bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome back John!!!!
I am also starting back up after a long time off
Good luck man
Looks like there were a lot of changes around here, good to see some friendly faces still around.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Most fish stores have followed the trop model and prices are pretty consistent in that way. Used you can always find a good deal. The all in ones have gotten pretty good if you are looking for simplicity.

Most fish stores have followed the trop model and prices are pretty consistent in that way. Used you can always find a good deal. The all in ones have gotten pretty good if you are looking for simplicity.
That's good. I was never a big Trop fan but for tank prices they couldn't be beat.

In that size if you don't mind all in one and want a rimless I'd look at the Innovative Marine tanks or Waterbox or even the new JBJ flat panel 45 or 65 all very nice clean looking tanks, all purchasable online easily. Otherwise 40 breeder Petco?

John I knew you would be back give me a tank size and I will get you a price
You were right.
Took me a while, but you were right.
Been thinking it for a while now. I definitely dont want to get out of hand. My last run just got crazy and I just couldn't keep up. Once it became work I lost all interest.

I still have your number, I'll shoot you a text.

In that size if you don't mind all in one and want a rimless I'd look at the Innovative Marine tanks or Waterbox or even the new JBJ flat panel 45 or 65 all very nice clean looking tanks, all purchasable online easily. Otherwise 40 breeder Petco?
The AIO tanks are nice, but none are very budget friendly.
The reason for the 44g pentagon choice is that it has a little style and something different then the ho-hum squared boxes that are everywhere else.

Wow! If you get back in.... I might have to forgo home projects and jump in. Great to see you thinking about getting back John!

Wow! If you get back in.... I might have to forgo home projects and jump in. Great to see you thinking about getting back John!
Let's do it.
Could be like a little homecoming party.

I was just thinking about the 120 you had going. That was hands down one of the nicest takes I've seen.