• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

best place to buy bulkheads? (locally)

I was searching for 30 minutes within homedepot (Plumbing section with all the PVC). I couldn't find it and only a 60+ yr old man was there and had no clue what I was referring too.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know Aqautic Obsessions in Avenel carries them. They are also a club sponsor.

Not sure how local that is to you.

If you can't find them, we sell spears sch80 threaded ones at my work. They are a lot more money though than what you find at the fish stores.

i was going to PM you earlier after i saw your post about working at a location with plumbing supplies. i think i'll try to find it then i'll give you a PM if i can't absolutely find it.

they nor home depot carry them.. neither do most plumbing stores.. Try somewhere they sell ponds

I got my SCH40 bulkheads from Lowe's. ;D unless you are looking for the black ones, then you will have to try a pond place or AO.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
i've got them from tropiquarium in the past.
just don't over tighen them

Yeah, unfortunately the bulkheads we have are really overboard for most aquariums unless you have a larger tank. I think the 1" ones are around $30, just as a reference point. All of our prices are contractor pricing but since the ones we have are sch80 you end up paying for that high pressure rating. It stinks because they are the one thing that I usually buy somewhere else.

I was thinking of finding some sch40 ones from spears if they have them and I guess it might be worth it if other people need them too.