• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Best Place to see the Fireworks in Nj

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
This may be a random question, but is there an Ideal place for folks to see the fireworks in Nj?
I want to take my 8yr old out to see them

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Many places Marcus. Red Bank puts on a great show so I heard. Never went cause getting out is a nightmare.
Liberty Park to see Macy's would be real nice or check locally in your area.

Last edited:

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I hate crowds...I have my show in my backyard like I used to for Guy Fawkes Day 5th Nov..But then again Fireworks are legal in the UK 18+...But we used to buy them at 14 if you knew the right shop keeper ;)

We went to six flags last night with the kids-got there after 7 and preferred parking was free, barely any lines, and the fireworks were great! Will definitely go again (possibly tonight lol).

Asbury, Red Bank and Pier Village all do good displays. I’m hoping to go to Pier with my girlfriend tonight to watch, just need to try and find a ride since I’d rather not pay for an Uber there and back lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I never understood this ...A day you got Independence (A really big deal with many lives lost) you only have 1 day celebrating it...Food for thought...If the Brits did win... You would have More public paid Holidays (3 day weekends)...Most Place's of work take a week off for Christmas... from Christmas day to Jan 2nd..Minimum 2 days Christmas day and the day after(Boxing day) all Paid even the week off and not taken as vacation time...Paid vacations 4 to 6+ weeks and you can take them weeks off all at once with no questions asked(It's the Law!), Health care for everybody (No bill or co-pay).. Better Education(UK Ranks higher in the world then the US)... Still a democracy and have free speech...I would have thought getting away from England would have better perks...Taxes are still high but the perks are not as good...Again... This is just food for thought...I have had the best of both worlds so I do have an idea what I'm talking about ...BTW...This isn't a Dig at the US...Just some fun facts :D

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I worked for s company called Morgan Stanley. I would spend 1 month in London and the next in the USA. This went on for two years. There is nothing more frustrating than working with a Brit. Trying to get things done was very frustrating because they weren't at works and they took off because of some sissy reasons. I had one female Brit who would take off from work for weeks because "work was causing her stress." She was 22 years old at the time. HR said there was nothing they could do about it and we couldn't fire her. Could you imagine what this country would be like if we ran it like them? No thanks. The health care system and dental :eek2:plans arent that great there. Just saying

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I worked for s company called Morgan Stanley. I would spend 1 month in London and the next in the USA. This went on for two years. There is nothing more frustrating than working with a Brit. Trying to get things done was very frustrating because they weren't at works and they took off because of some sissy reasons. The health care system and dental :eek2:plans arent that great there. Just saying
"Could you imagine what this country would be like if we ran it like them?"...Longer live spans and happier?...The big Difference I see is...When I go to the bar here most people are talking about work or it's a large part of the conversation at some point...In the UK you go to a pub and people are talking about life and laughing a lot more(My Wife pointed that out to me).. Anyway..We don't have plans unless you're talking about private insurance..With the NHS everyone is covered unlike here... plus you don't get the elderly having to split there Meds up or missing doses due to them costing so high like in the US...That is an issue here and not just the elderly but it seem they take the brunt of it...I also forgot to add.. In the UK BOTH parents after the birth can take Up to 50 weeks of leave - 37 weeks of which is paid - can be shared by parents if they meet certain eligibility criteria. In the US "More than a quarter are at work within two months of giving birth and one in 10—more than half a million women each year—go back to their jobs in four weeks or less"...Life isn't all about work, it's about living... All European countries have that outlook :)
16 Ways Europeans Are Just Better At Life | HuffPost

Last edited:
Here as a last resort lol.. Anyone in the Tinton Falls/Neptune area that could give me a ride to Pier if you’re going tonight? I have a couple dollars and can take out some extra from the bank to cover gas for picking me up.

I never understood this ...A day you got Independence (A really big deal with many lives lost) you only have 1 day celebrating it...Food for thought...If the Brits did win... You would have More public paid Holidays (3 day weekends)...Most Place's of work take a week off for Christmas... from Christmas day to Jan 2nd..Minimum 2 days Christmas day and the day after(Boxing day) all Paid even the week off and not taken as vacation time...Paid vacations 4 to 6+ weeks and you can take them weeks off all at once with no questions asked(It's the Law!), Health care for everybody (No bill or co-pay).. Better Education(UK Ranks higher in the world then the US)... Still a democracy and have free speech...I would have thought getting away from England would have better perks...Taxes are still high but the perks are not as good...Again... This is just food for thought...I have had the best of both worlds so I do have an idea what I'm talking about ...BTW...This isn't a Dig at the US...Just some fun facts :D
I just came across this thread. Just to clarify, July 4th commemorates the date the Declaration of Independence was adopted, July 4, 1776, in which the Continental Congress declared the thirteen American colonies free and independent states to be called the United States of America, no longer connected to the British Crown. While the actual holiday is merely one day, it is generally extended in various ways all week long (and beyond) by those who choose to enjoy their freedom to do so (or not).

Fireworks displays commemorate the holiday celebration by law. The first celebration was by shots fired in 1777. In 1870, US Congress made Independence Day an unpaid holiday for federal employees and changed it to a paid federal holiday in 1938.

BTW, one could say health care or social insurance is only as good as your teeth. While it is often said that George Washington had wooden teeth, that is merely a tale. In actuality, he employed state of the art (and controversial) dentistry of his time.
See a timeline of his teeth at
A History of Washington's Dental Troubles

Compare that to Austin Powers, lol. ;-D

Sent using Tapatalk from my shoephone while inside the cone of silence.

I did, they put on a great show. I just got there late and was waiting in line for food and they closed on us lol! I didn’t get home until about 1AM though.
c4d840a231ba78d9ec784614835dd46f.jpg

Awesome photo, Tyler! Glad you got to see some good fireworks!

Sent using Tapatalk from my shoephone while inside the cone of silence.