• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Biopellets

I want to set up a biopellet reactor and wanted to buy one with the current BRS group buy. However my tank is recommended for 500ml's of bio pellets and the BRS reactors have a capacity of 350ml's. would it still work? or should i look to buy a different reactor?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Why not get 2 reactors and run 250ml in each one? I know nothing about biopellets so not even sure if that will work but was just an idea.

not at the moment, i have the dual brs carbon Gfo reactor but just never hooked it up on my new tank because i wanted to try biopellets.

Just get the insert, and add it to the dual reactor, to see if you like it. I had a single BRS reactor I was using for GFO, and since it was suggested that you remove the GFO when starting biopellets, I just bought the insert($10.00). You shouldn't start with the whole amount of biopellets, so I just started with 1 1/2 cups, which was half of what my system called for. After a few month's of a trial period, I decided to implement the whole amount, at which time I bought a RO BR110, which is still in service now.