• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Birds nest dying?

So my birds nest looks like it might be dying from the in side out. Is this common because the inside dosnt get enough light? Or is this due to something else?

Attachments

• IMG_3774.JPG
    IMG_3774.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
I was told it's a birds nest when I purchased it about 6 months ago. The water parameters are all good. Everything else in my tank is thriving. The water flow is moderate and it's at the top of the tank with mh and led lighting. This inside has to meat on the skeleton

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
could be a pocillopora coral.....maybe try lowering it a bit....could be getting blasted under a hot spot

but if you had it for 6months, could be something else that recently bothering it

C

charterreefer

Was it always in the same spot lightwise? Pocillopora don't need very high MH light.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Did you notice growth since it's been there? It may not be a lighting issue if thats the case. Ru running an ULNS?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Are the tips receding? Or are they just white with polyps sticking out? Looking back at the picture, it may not by dying

Could you get a close up pic by chance?

C

charterreefer

Did you put in a lot of gfo or carbon lately? Has anything been altered or changed in the last several months? If it's been in the same spot with the same lights it would most likely be a water chemistry issue. Do you have other sps corals in your tank?

Did you put in a lot of gfo or carbon lately? Has anything been altered or changed in the last several months? If it's been in the same spot with the same lights it would most likely be a water chemistry issue. Do you have other sps corals in your tank?
GFO? Nothing has been altered at all. The tank has been going strong with no serious issues. The only thing is I had 2 fish die about 3 months ago.