• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bit of a break

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Temp break from any scheduled meet ups or activities for me, sorry for any inconveniences to anyone.

The 'stomache bug' I had stuck about for 4 days without improvement. Saw my doc Monday night, had a CT scan Tuesday morning, sent direct to ER for emergency surgical eval. Gonna be here for a while, Seems I had a diverticulitis that was in process of perforating, which could have been end of game bad by the weekend if it was untreated.

Bright side is I'm alive.

Dark side is I'm roomed with an old nutter who narrates every move he makes, including getting up to urinate at 3am.

I'll be crusing the forums occasionally while going out of my mind from boredom.

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks all. Mark... I know. Im in Ocean right now, initial work done and on IV for next 48 hours. May be equire resection (hopefully without diversion) if no improvement. Initially went to Ocean as its literally around the corner from home. If they need to do surgery this visit Im going to see if I can transfer. If I have to do it in a couple of weeks its definite at JS.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, James and now you? Is there something in the saltwater that causes intestinal problems? Or is it the sausages? :eek: Hoping for a quick recovery.....I see a whole bunch of fiber in you diet.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Well, day 4 in hospital bed. CT today determines if surgery, home, or continued stay.

Deciding what i want to do with my 25g IM shallow reef. If i restart it it will be all photosynthetic corals with a pair of clowns as before. Other options a pair of anthias or a single showfish with a schooling (shoaling) group.

Regardless, I wont be going SPS, so I'll be selling a few more pieces including a Eshopps doser and slave and a new set of BRS dosing stuff.

Tired of trolling and reading.
Let the Game of Thrones marathon begin.

Last edited:

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Well, day 4 in hospital bed. CT today determines if surgery, home, or continued stay.

Deciding what i want to do with my 25g IM shallow reef. If i restart it it will be all photosynthetic corals with a pair of clowns as before. Other options a pair of anthias or a single showfish with a schooling (shoaling) group.

Regardless, I wont be going SPS, so I'll be selling a few more pieces including a Eshopps doser and slave and a new set of BRS dosing stuff.

Tired of trolling and reading.
Let the Game of Thrones marathon begin.

Mark hope the CT shows that you can go home. How are you feeling other wise?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
TIMING!
Been on a wait list for months for a Tanaka Wrasse from LiveAquaria. Sure enough I get my alert today. Oh well, they'll eventually be around again.

CT not good. In for a few more days and looking like a potential big surgery.

Let the Game of Thrones marathon continue!

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
TIMING!
Been on a wait list for months for a Tanaka Wrasse from LiveAquaria. Sure enough I get my alert today. Oh well, they'll eventually be around again.

CT not good. In for a few more days and looking like a potential big surgery.

Let the Game of Thrones marathon continue!

Sorry to hear that, about the CT, @Mark_C. Are they just going by the CT or are they going to do other test (like a colonoscopy)? If you need anything let me know and I can see what I can do.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Temp break from any scheduled meet ups or activities for me, sorry for any inconveniences to anyone.

The 'stomache bug' I had stuck about for 4 days without improvement. Saw my doc Monday night, had a CT scan Tuesday morning, sent direct to ER for emergency surgical eval. Gonna be here for a while, Seems I had a diverticulitis that was in process of perforating, which could have been end of game bad by the weekend if it was untreated.

Bright side is I'm alive.

Dark side is I'm roomed with an old nutter who narrates every move he makes, including getting up to urinate at 3am.

I'll be crusing the forums occasionally while going out of my mind from boredom.
yikes...i missed this post...sorry to hear this is going on with you bud...atleast you still have your sense of humor throughout all this

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks all, but it is what it is and hopefully turns out for the best. Just have to see how it goes.

Hoping to get home in time to order that wrasse before they're gone.

Trying to keep sanity.