• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Black Adder

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
One of the all time best Brit comedies. A Ralph Norton type who gets reincarnated through the ages.
Look out for Father Ted as well. Without doubt the funniest show I've ever seen (even surpasses Python many a time).

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I just watched some of an episode on youtube. Didn't understand the British humor. i usually like Rowan Atkinson

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I just watched some of an episode on youtube. Didn't understand the British humor. i usually like Rowan Atkinson

If you've got Amazon Prime, try Father Ted. Three priests bored out of their mind on an Irish island.
As said, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. They do an episode that rips off 'Speed' but they're in a milk cart that cant drop below 4mph, a good starter.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member

Just keep watching, you'll get the humor. It is truly hilarious.
House actor Hugh Laurie is in it at some point. He plays Lord Regent I think.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
If you've got Amazon Prime, try Father Ted. Three priests bored out of their mind on an Irish island.
As said, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. They do an episode that rips off 'Speed' but they're in a milk cart that cant drop below 4mph, a good starter.

Another good one. Just saw its on regular TV channel the other day.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mark_C, what is the show with the old guys in a small English vilage. They always get in trouble. Saw it few times then pulled off the air.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
House actor Hugh Laurie is in it at some point. He plays Lord Regent I think.
He has a major role in each of the 4 seasons, and was partner of Stephen Fry.

Show wise, you may be thinking of 'Last of the Summer Wine', it was a mellowish comedy about a group of old guys that were proper but rebellious.
The most recognizable of the crew to US folk would be Frank Thornton, who also played Captain Peacock in 'Are You Being Served"

Also, any episode of 'Fawlty Towers' is fantastic. LIke, literally, any episode.

And recently there'sbeen a big surge of Mitchel and Webb, a lesser known duo that had a hysterical show. One of there sketches has become the snapshot for a lot of current memes.
This one...

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member

Show wise, you may be thinking of 'Last of the Summer Wine', it was a mellowish comedy about a group of old guys that were proper but rebellious.
The most recognizable of the crew to US folk would be Frank Thornton, who also played Captain Peacock in 'Are You Being Served"

Also, any episode of 'Fawlty Towers' is fantastic. LIke, literally, any episode.

And recently there'sbeen a big surge of Mitchel and Webb, a lesser known duo that had a hysterical show. One of there sketches has become the snapshot for a lot of current memes.
This one...

Thanks Mark, that was the show. Only saw a few but I found it funny.

This one...
Dam you Mark C. That was hysterical. I better not get caught up in another series. I’m already behind by like months

Black Adder is one of the best shows - LOVE IT!
I haven't watched that in years, but may watch again on Amazon