• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Black Egg crate

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I would like to know myself. I just bought some white one at HD but if these are available locally, I would like to pick some up.

Austyn, setting up a frag tank???

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
WIll from Aquatics Obessions can order them

Reef farm beat me to it. Fish factory had some in stock the last time I was there about 1week ago. They usually do. That place would work for austyn but for Judeo, I might just be cheaper to order.

f.w.i.w. has anyone ever notice how much light egg crate reflects back out of the tank? any light that hits your walls and ceiling is light that is not hitting your corals. for this reason alone, i think mesh is a better choice. i just wanted to share my experience and opinion.

f.w.i.w. has anyone ever notice how much light egg crate reflects back out of the tank? any light that hits your walls and ceiling is light that is not hitting your corals. for this reason alone, i think mesh is a better choice. i just wanted to share my experience and opinion.

I think the OP is looking to use it as a frag rack as opposed to top for the tank.

Its not going to be used as a screen top. its for frag racks. thanks for sharing though.

have seen it at tb aquatics and the fish factory

Reef farm beat me to it. Fish factory had some in stock the last time I was there about 1week ago. They usually do. That place would work for austyn but for Judeo, I might just be cheaper to order.

Aha! thats where i have seen it. Thanks reef farm and Jgraz. I was just there a week ago too Jgraz lol. probably walked right by ya since i have not met you yet lol. thanks for your help.

Judeo-- If you are still coming down next weekend let me know. ill pick some up for you also. Have to go talk to Felicia anyways. Providing they have enough in stock also HEHEHE! Let me know. By the way the pic i just loaded on my thread is your bubbletip. ;)

I would like to know myself. I just bought some white one at HD but if these are available locally, I would like to pick some up.

Austyn, setting up a frag tank???

We will just have to wait and see if another tale of the tank decides to get posted now won't we ;)

Why black egg crate, is it just the aesthetics? The white I have used gets covered in coraline pretty quick.

Aesthetics definitely. But some say the the white leaches phosphates. The black doesn't. I don't know that for sure though.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Judeo-- If you are still coming down next weekend let me know. ill pick some up for you also. Have to go talk to Felicia anyways. Providing they have enough in stock also HEHEHE! Let me know. By the way the pic i just loaded on my thread is your bubbletip. ;)

Austyn, I plan on going down there this Sunday, if that is fine with you. I am running around like a chicken without a head getting this frag tank ready! Now, I have a slight issue with my sump. I forgot to measure the height of my 30L when I built the stand, so its a tighter fit under there than I would like, that's why I'm looking for a 20L to make up for my dumb mistake.

Don't worry about the black egg crate, I'll probably just stick with the whites ones I got. It will eventually be purple anyway. haha

We will just have to wait and see if another tale of the tank decides to get posted now won't we ;)

I see what you did there! haha.

oh, and I saw the photo of the RBTA, I can't wait to see it!

Why black egg crate, is it just the aesthetics? The white I have used gets covered in coraline pretty quick.

For aesthetics and contrast for ppics. But from what I understand.the black eggcrate helps prevent nusience algea growth only beneficial. On the egg crate itself.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Aesthetics definitely. But some say the the white leaches phosphates. The black doesn't. I don't know that for sure though.

If this is the case.... Austyn, give me a txt on how much the black egg crate would be when you visit the store. I really do not want to deal with algae blooms in my frag tank. I would probably need two 2'x4' or four 2'x2' sheets if they have it.

If this is the case.... Austyn, give me a txt on how much the black egg crate would be when you visit the store. I really do not want to deal with algae blooms in my frag tank. I would probably need two 2'x4' or four 2'x2' sheets if they have it.
No problem, hey man if you are not ready to get the chalices and rbta. Don't sweat it man. No hurry here. I rather you setup and make sure all is ok. Don't rush.