• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Blood Red Fire Shrimp and Skunk cleaner in FOWLR, no problem right?

I have a 65g FOWLR with a skunk cleaner shrimp. I am looking to add another shrimp, preferrably the blood red fire shrimp. There shouldnt be an issues with the 2 right?

I had a pair of skunks and bunch of red fire shrimps and one coral banded (huge). I think all they've ignored or avoided each others.
But that's my experience, let's see what others will tell.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nothing is 100% in this hobby just like nothing is really 100% reef safe.. Something always eat something on a reef but it really comes down to is it safer? In this case i would say safer plus with that size tank

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have kept fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp together and you probably won't have a problem. However you stated it is a FOLWR tank, are there any fish in there that might cause a problem?

I have pairs of three species: Scarlet Skunk, Coral Banded and Blood/Fire. All live in relatively peaceful harmony.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It shouldn't be a problem. I currently have both in my tank. In the past I had a huge coral banded that chased a cleaner shrimp every time it seen it.

Bob