• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Blue throat trigger

got startled by a tang and caught a spiny urchin spike in his face. Now I can’t find him. Any thoughts on first aid if I do?

Last edited:
Ouch.. I have no clue, I’m not sure if I would pull it out but leaving it in is definitely not a good idea. What species of urchin is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I've been stung by one of those and its definitely not pleasant. Its like a bee sting for humans and Its almost impossible to take the spines out of a finger, so it may be the same for a fish. Trying to dig it out may do more damage. The spines usually dissolve over time

I don't know if it'll be fatal to the fish though...I'm sorry for the stroke of bad luck bud

Last edited:
I wish I could help more but I don’t know what to say. Not like a human where you can use very hot water to break down the venom, water hot enough would just kill a fish. The removal would also probably tear it up but I don’t think it’s fair for it to live like that for however long it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk