• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Boil your water Middlesex county

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here's a list of the towns affected

This impacts customers in all of Carteret, Metuchen, Woodbridge, South Amboy and parts of Edison and South Plainfield. The utility also provides a portion of the water supply needs to the towns of Old Bridge, Perth Amboy, Marlboro, East Brunswick, Sayreville, Rahway and Highland Park.

Bob

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hawkeye said:
would this apply even to water from the rodi?

I would boil it just to be safe. Some bacterias may be small enough to get paste the filters. Also may not be a bad idea to have a replacement set of filters on hand to change them out once they "all clear" is given by the water company again.

i was just going to post and say nevermind. I saw that AWI suggested adding a "UV" option to destroy the bac. but I don't have that option.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a couple of extra 1 micron sediment filters for RO housings in anyone needs to replace them after we get the all clear, let me know!

Rod