• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Bonded pair Pistol and anemone FS

Hi everyone. I'm in the midst of moving my tank from one apartment to another. In the process I also decided to change up my sump and take my fuge offline. The fuge is home to Pete the Pistol and his Nemmy Poo and they need a new home.

Pete is a Red Snapping Shrimp, Alpheus Armatus who lives with his symbiotic anemone, Bartholomea annulata (Curly) AKA The Curleque Anemone. I've had them both for a long time, Pete is a big guy and he snaps like it is going out of style. :)

31344036685_1a878b93e4_c.jpg

The anemone will inflate and have long tentacles when happy. However good flow will keep the tentacles shorter. You can add them to a softie reef, I do not have any experience with fish and this anemone but the Pistol will defend the anemone to death.

Here's my video from last year

Here is a YouTube video about the symbiosis

Link to the an article: Mutualism of the month: Anemones and their shrimp protectors

Another YouTube:

Pete is from Florida but refuses to go back there. I tried to ship him once and he jumped and hid! Anyway. I hope somebody will give him a nice tank to snap in. He's really cute. Pete and Curly are great together. I have 2 other pistols that live in the display so Pete needs a new home. $50.
Thanks.

Meet in Edgewater NJ or Times Sq. or @Absolutely Fish or Reef Encounters.
Please PM.