• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brain death

My Apex died at some point after last night. Came home from work tonight to a dark tank. 65 degrees, no pumps running. That should finish off most of the corals. Have to see how the fish fare, but I'm not optimistic.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm feeling your pain.....just went through something similar last week.....lost two fish.

Let us know if there is anything any of us could do.

Have pumps running and heaters on. Not much to do until tomorrow. Have a ticket in with Neptune, but ran out of day. I can put lights back on the AI controller. Looks like the controller died around 2:30 AM.

I thought of you when I saw that tank was dark and cold.

Looks like everything is ok. The temperature didn't drop as much as I thought. Turns out that the digital thermometer I used to check the temperature is way off. I don't think i had any casualties.

Still no help from Neptune, though. From what i have read, it can take a week to get anything but boilerplate help. I've got a new base unit coming tomorrow and I'll use the one i have as a backup, assuming that it can be fixed.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good news Doug. :dance: I am curious what happened to your Neptune. I wouldn't expect that to go out....assuming it's fairly new (a couple years at best).

Looks like a hardware problem. Neptune had me try a hard reset and some cable swapping, but nothing helped. I may have been premature about not losing anything to this. My daughter-in-law noticed that my flame hawk was AWOL. Crap!