• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brand new fish store in northern NJ! Sea Level Aquarium, coming soon!

Hey! FYI, I drove past what looked like a new fish store the other day, and tonight I saw some lights on, so I stopped by ... it's Warren and Joe from the former EH Pets in East Hanover! They're setting up shop now, it's BEAUTIFUL! Lots of familiar faces, including David who also worked at EHP ... all really good good guys. I mentioned that their location was GREAT and we really needed another good place in northern NJ! I also mentioned NJReefers and they're VERY interested in becoming sponsors ... attn: Prez, give them a call ASAP! :)

http://www.sealevelaquarium.com/

https://www.facebook.com/SeaLevelAquarium

67753_10151304936220100_1622637664_n.jpg

This is awesome news as I live right across the street!! And I have 5 family members who worked for Bonefish!!

But I'm with Brandon...it better be run better than EH Pets was. That place was nasty and disgusting and it also was the cause of my neighbors AEFW!

Here's to hoping!!!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I hope they do it better this time around,aquatic visions was an ick and aefw nightmare..
It would be nice if Jeff came back as well,he was the original owner when it ws hanover pet it rivaled any lfs in our area.

That'd be interesting to see Jeff there running it maybe? I'm just excited they're so close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I just got the announcement from Joe and Warren! They'll be opening THIS Friday, the 21st!

---------------------------------------------------

We Are Open for Business!

Sea Level Aquarium will be officially opening for business this Friday, December 21st! We encourage everyone to come out and take a look at what the store has to offer. We will have fresh and saltwater animals available for sale as well as gift certificates and supplies for your home aquarium.

We truly appreciate all the support we have received from family, friends, and customers during our setup period. We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

- Joe & Warren

The store looks very nice, it was very clean and well done. My only concern is their pricing, they had a blood shrimp for $59.99 when even AF sells them for $29.99. I will definitely check them out though as they are literally 2 minutes from my home. I am hoping for good things from them.!

I saw that Blood Red Shrimp too ... but I also so the $12 Feather Duster. Maybe the $59 for the shrimp was a mistake - never know. The prices on their dry goods was fair. I'm glad we have another good place around ... I'm a customer now, for sure!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just stopped by - looking good! I love their filter!!!!!View attachment 4636

I haven’t seen too many back-room filter systems for LFS’s, but this is the first that I’ve seen that has, what appears to be, a swimming pool sand filter as part of its system. Also looks like they’ve got a gigantic UV sterilizer there as well. Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

radiata

NJRC Member
I hope they do it better this time around,aquatic visions was an ick and aefw nightmare..
It would be nice if Jeff came back as well,he was the original owner when it ws hanover pet it rivaled any lfs in our area.

The "this time around" reference isn't relevant. Warren and Joe were just employees at Hanover Pet (a.k.a. Aquatic Visions), not owners. The real owners didn't have what it takes to properly run a retail store - they cut corners at every turn. Worse, they were rarely, if ever, on site, and never had a feel for the wants/needs of the store's customers, only a feel for the running of their profitable maintenance business.

As per the return of Jeff, he was only 1/2 of the original owner. He and Marc were in partnership and took over the site when Bob F. was forced to give up his Open Oceans store there. Would a former owner return as an employee of the people who once worked for him? I don't think this will happen...

I checked it out on Saturday. They were apologetic for the low stock levels, but I think they're starting slow, which is a good thing. They're planning to devote the center of the store to freshwater, which is disappointing to me, but maybe there's a need for boring old freshwater stores too. I picked up a frag and some krill. It's a long drive for me, so they'd have to build out their coral selection to make it worth my while. Lots of potential though!

radiata

NJRC Member
Can I please get an address lol, want to check out the new digs

SeaLevel Aquarium
28 US Highway 46
Pine Brook NJ 07058

Weekdays 11-9
Sat 11-8
Sun 11-6

It is on the westbound side of 46, in a strip mall by the Bonefish Grill.