• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Brand new fish store in northern NJ! Sea Level Aquarium, coming soon!

I just stopped in tonight. The store is clean and the filters and tanks look like they are doing things the right way. The prices seem reasonable to me. They have $10, 20, 30 and $40 tanks for corals. Joe said the filters are not completely set up so the fish stock is not where they want until another week or so. I think it is in a great location, convenient to Rt 80, 46 and 287. I wish them luck, I'll be a customer.

Eric

Just went here. Good selection great guys to talk to and def know what they are talking about. I will be going back!!!

Hey, there's a discussion about RO/DI going on too - but wanted to mention the very impressive system Sea-Level has in the back. I should have snapped a pix - but wow ... be sure to ask to see it when you stop by!

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I stopped in last friday to check out the store and get the 411. They are still cycling the SW fish systems so there is not a lot of fish at the moment. They have 4 tanks of corals mostly soft and LPS but one of tank has a few colonies of SPS. Once the systems are a little more mature they said they will bring in more SPS. I like $10/20/30 frag tanks.

They are working on getting the Cichlid system up and running and the grand opening will be in a couple of weeks.

if anyone is in the area and wants to stop by my house and go to the store you guys are welcome. I live literally 2 minutes from it :)

stopped in today, they're pretty much packed full of corals. I like they have frag tanks from $10-$40 some nice zoas/torches in the tanks. The fish they had a pretty decent amount, they could have looked a bit healthier, but might just have been added to their system.

I will say one thing though the two business partners are really nice guys and even as busy as they were still took the time to come over and say hi and see if i needed help. I have high hopes for this store as it matures!

They had NJReefers pamphlets on their counter. Not sure which of the owners it was, but he said he wanted to get in touch with us about sponsorship. Who would handle reaching out to them?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They had NJReefers pamphlets on their counter. Not sure which of the owners it was, but he said he wanted to get in touch with us about sponsorship. Who would handle reaching out to them?

Gee I wonder how those pamphlets got there... ;)

I've been in contact with them and they are still busy and in a whirl wind of setting up the store. I've mentioned the site and also mentioned about the up coming frag swap. They want to get settled a little and work on their grand opening first, before they really commit to anything.

Ok. He mentioned it to me, I didn't ask him. He asked if I was the one who dropped off the pamphlets. So it sounded like maybe they feel settled now.